<sarcasm> Good start to the day </sarcasm>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
biking_fox said:
You mean they're fixing your potholes? they seem to be leaving the ones in S. Manchester to proliferate and reach australia, so they can fix them in summer when it's more comfortable for the workmen. /cynical.
There was a good debate on R2 today about pothole filling,some people have been painting round them hoping the workmen will fill them in,but no they only do the ones 'on their list'.
Was a huge one near me last week that got done pretty quick but others will no doubt be there permanently now:sad:

monnet

Guru
Hope the 5-a-side went off without incident.

You have my sympathy - my rear static light also had an independent flight moment this evening. I was pretty pleased I always ride with two.

On the theme of potholes, I have heard that some councils, strapped for cash, are leaving them as unofficial road calming measures. Brilliant - just what my wheels were hoping for!

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Well, I made it!! ;):biggrin:

Rather strange day, all in all.... won at footie, had a reasonable ride home (apart from a couple of knobs in a Mitsubishi Shogun (say no more) who insisted on shouting stuff at me out of the window... funny how they went quiet when I caught up with them some miles later at traffic lights and sat next to them staring in the passenger window!) and upon getting home to broach the subject of getting new lights to Mrs Sharky I mentioned a Hope 1 and she never batted an eyelid.... so I've now ordered it. Yay. ;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I try to, just in case. One never knows when one might need it... it's a bugger for going rusty real quick though when I shower each morning and have a bath when I get home... :o)

potsy

Rambler
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Well, I made it!! :smile::biggrin:

Rather strange day, all in all.... won at footie, had a reasonable ride home (apart from a couple of knobs in a Mitsubishi Shogun (say no more) who insisted on shouting stuff at me out of the window... funny how they went quiet when I caught up with them some miles later at traffic lights and sat next to them staring in the passenger window!) and upon getting home to broach the subject of getting new lights to Mrs Sharky I mentioned a Hope 1 and she never batted an eyelid.... so I've now ordered it. Yay. :smile:
Welcome to the Hope1 club sharky,won't be long befeor you need another for balance:biggrin:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Grrrrr.... it's not going too well so far today!

On the ride into work this morning my front light decided to see whether it was capable of independent flight... only to find out that it wasn't. Nor was it capable of sustaining the weight of a following Taxi and promptly got squished (well, the rear battery holding bit did, but amazingly the front led holding bit seems to escaped with just minor grazing as it had separated from the back bit setting the batteries free to be crushed too).

Got to work and went for my shower and when drying myself my chain decided to break (the one I wear around my neck, I hadn't taken the bike in with me).

Still annoyed about that when I discovered exactly why I had found a single sock in the hallway this morning... it was due to the fact that I had only packed one in my bag.

So, when I get struck by lightening this afternoon whilst eating my sandwiches (that will obviously be stale by dinner time) I will fully expect it.

Rant over. :smile::laugh:

Chain around the neck i presume. Are you a Hoff lookalike? :wacko:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Tharg2007 said:
I knew I shouldn't have listened to you, got drenched on the way home and now have to clean the ribble :smile:
:smile::biggrin: I'm not the one who says anything about the weather... other than it being a chaotic system which cannot reliably be predicted. :ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yay..a good light there then Sharky....... you'll be 'almost' spending as long as me locking bikes up next Weds at the Bike To Work Day for Brekkie..... not been in for a fry up for a while........

Great lights - this week was the first time in 8 months one has gone 'out' - lazy recharge cycle this week, so swapped batteries..... the other fizzled out about 30 mins later.........

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Yay..a good light there then Sharky....... you'll be 'almost' spending as long as me locking bikes up next Weds at the Bike To Work Day for Brekkie..... not been in for a fry up for a while........

Great lights - this week was the first time in 8 months one has gone 'out' - lazy recharge cycle this week, so swapped batteries..... the other fizzled out about 30 mins later.........
I had that happen on Saturday morning about 1/2 mile from work luckily.
1 light has 2450 batteries in it the other 2650's so if the 1st one goes I should have a bit of time with the other.
That's why you need 2 of them sharky.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
potsy said:
I had that happen on Saturday morning about 1/2 mile from work luckily.
1 light has 2450 batteries in it the other 2650's so if the 1st one goes I should have a bit of time with the other.
That's why you need 2 of them sharky.

I use the hybrids so 2100's.....but last really well. You can get a battery pack from Maplin cheap (less than a squid), and a few mods, they work..... for a quick hot swap with fresh ones...... although I no doubt if we ask Hope....... for a small fee...........:ohmy:

Top Bottom