<sarcasm> Good start to the day </sarcasm>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Grrrrr.... it's not going too well so far today!

On the ride into work this morning my front light decided to see whether it was capable of independent flight... only to find out that it wasn't. Nor was it capable of sustaining the weight of a following Taxi and promptly got squished (well, the rear battery holding bit did, but amazingly the front led holding bit seems to escaped with just minor grazing as it had separated from the back bit setting the batteries free to be crushed too).

Got to work and went for my shower and when drying myself my chain decided to break (the one I wear around my neck, I hadn't taken the bike in with me).

Still annoyed about that when I discovered exactly why I had found a single sock in the hallway this morning... it was due to the fact that I had only packed one in my bag.

So, when I get struck by lightening this afternoon whilst eating my sandwiches (that will obviously be stale by dinner time) I will fully expect it.

Rant over. :wacko::tongue:

Tharg2007

Veteran
i told you you were having one of those days after your light came off and your mudguard was making a noise, you should have just turned back home at that point :tongue:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Sympatico SB. I didn't have the most stunning of rides in this morning myself. At least if you get struck by lightning at lunchtime, it'll toast that stale bread up nicely.:tongue:

Armegatron

Owch, not a good start. Hope things improve for you through the day & you have a pleasant commute back home :tongue:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about trackstanding at the lights just before meeting up with Tharg, and my foot clipping the front guard so it was then catching on the wheel intermittently... just to p*ss me off!

Also, couldn't get the helmet cam working as I'm having probs with the external battery pack....

Still, mustn't grumble. :tongue::biggrin:

anyuser

Über Member
Hope your day gets better!

It must be one of those days, I went to change into my work clothes in the loos here at work and dropped my company phone into the toilet bowl!

Very dead phone.

HobbesChoice

Sorry you're having such a bad day. You know it's going to be a bad day when you're front light decides that suicide at the wheel of a taxi is the preferred option!

But, after 12pm you're not allowed any more bad luck. Them's the rules, so sit tight and don't touch anything sharp or electric for the next 34 minutes!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't get much worse.... a fin drop off ?

Be of good cheer, Sharkey! It could be worse. At least you've got roads to cycle on - they seem to be digging half of Derby up starting this week. Three lots of road closures signed already on my commute and warnings of severe delays... :sad:

biking_fox

Guru
they seem to be digging half of Derby up starting this week

You mean they're fixing your potholes? they seem to be leaving the ones in S. Manchester to proliferate and reach australia, so they can fix them in summer when it's more comfortable for the workmen. /cynical.

Armegatron

biking_fox said:
You mean they're fixing your potholes? they seem to be leaving the ones in S. Manchester to proliferate and reach australia, so they can fix them in summer when it's more comfortable for the workmen. /cynical.

+1 here too

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Update - well I have survived the rest of the day so far... but have 5-a-side footie later (could be good for a kick in the nads, cracked ribs or a broken leg I guess) followed by a ride home in the dark with only my backup front light.... if you don't hear from me tomorrow..... :laugh:

Tharg2007

Veteran
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Update - well I have survived the rest of the day so far... but have 5-a-side footie later (could be good for a kick in the nads, cracked ribs or a broken leg I guess) followed by a ride home in the dark with only my backup front light.... if you don't hear from me tomorrow..... :laugh:

I dont think the backup light is enough, I suggest you give a constant audible warning all the way home.

Top Bottom