Sartorial sock choices and others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What colour should socks be then? I'm favouring black or grey, something neutral. Black shorts obs, leaving the top to do the talking.

White socks are obviously wrong even though I'm sure some are going to confess to that sin. Arm warmers and leg warmers, black.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cycling - Black usually. I prefer short ones, not the ones that come half way up your calf. White stay white until the first time it rains.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
What colour should socks be then? I'm favouring black or grey, something neutral. Black shorts obs, leaving the top to do the talking.

White socks are obviously wrong even though I'm sure some are going to confess to that sin. Arm warmers and leg warmers, black.
I sometimes wear white socks, usually if I'm wearing a white jersey, and white crochet mitts (s'pose some might call it 'retro'). When did they become the wrong thing? When I was younger, you didn't/couldn't wear anything else. Wasn't it Lance A. who made black socks acceptable?
Anyway, I rather like these Primal ones -

Product-KNO1X10U_grande.jpg

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

- yes - they have a lot to say about the matter - start with rule 28

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I sometimes wear white socks, usually if I'm wearing a white jersey, and white crochet mitts (s'pose some might call it 'retro'). When did they become the wrong thing? When I was younger, you didn't/couldn't wear anything else. Wasn't it Lance A. who made black socks acceptable?
Anyway, I rather like these Primal ones -

View attachment 359108
Interestingly, colour matching to the rest of your kit seems perfectly reasonable but does mean you have to have the matching socks available otherwise you have to wear some clashing ones. Luckily those primal ones look like they'll clash with anything!

Top Bottom