Sat, 3rd June, 2017 - my annual 200 km Cheshire forum ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Great job Beth. I see you are in 1st place in Strava for longest ride of the week at the cycling club, for last week.

And here's the ride:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1019733259

@Pale Rider, the way to get across the bridge at Dunham is to flip the bike onto its rear wheel with the front in the air. That way the bars clear the bridge handrails.

That could work, although it's a heavy ebike so not easy to manhandle.

If I pass that way again, I would loosen the stem bolts and turn the bars a few degrees, which is all it would need.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was out Saturday afternoon; Mobberley, Alderley Edge, coffee at Jodrell Bank and return via Marthall and Great Warford; kept an eye out for you guys and disappointed not to see you.

Also disappointed that you avoided Swiss Hill! I've done it twice but had to stop each time about 2/3rds up as my HR monitor had gone deep into the red and I had to wait for things to settle down. I was curious about how you'd manage.

@Pale Rider, the way to get across the bridge at Dunham is to flip the bike onto its rear wheel with the front in the air. That way the bars clear the bridge handrails.
Yes, shame we missed you.

We managed to stick pretty closely to my guesstimated times. We were about 10 minutes later than the suggested time at the first cafe and got to the second one at about 2 pm.

I would like to tackle that Swiss Hill climb one day, only not on the 200 km ride!

We saw lots of signs about impending roadworks but managed to avoid all of the ones that were being done at the time. Cheshire council must be spending an awful lot on sorting the roads out. Mind you, from the state of some of them, they need to. :okay:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Photos from an amazing day

Attachments

• DSCN0480.JPG
    DSCN0480.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0483.JPG
    DSCN0483.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0484.JPG
    DSCN0484.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN0486.JPG
    DSCN0486.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0488.JPG
    DSCN0488.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN0491.JPG
    DSCN0491.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0498.JPG
    DSCN0498.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0499.JPG
    DSCN0499.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0503.JPG
    DSCN0503.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN0504.JPG
    DSCN0504.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 80

kapelmuur

Veteran
Roads in Cheshire are pretty bad, but are they worse that in other counties?

Most of the roadworks are not the Council, but an unholy alliance of Virgin laying optical cable and United Utilities renewing the sewers.

@Pale Rider - I've just seen the photo of your ebike and now understand how it's difficult to flip it!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Roads in Cheshire are pretty bad, but are they worse that in other counties?

Most of the roadworks are not the Council, but an unholy alliance of Virgin laying optical cable and United Utilities renewing the sewers.
Many of the ones over here are just as bad!

@Pale Rider - I've just seen the photo of your ebike and now understand how it's difficult to flip it!
I was manhandling the front end of the bike for the footbridge - it was HEAVY! The bike works really well, but it would be a bit of a monster if PR ever managed to run the batteries flat 20 miles and a couple of big hills short of his destination ... :whistle:

Top Bottom