England : West Yorkshire Sat 9th Nov 10am - Pugney's, Wakefield - LEJOG / CC ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A number of us in West Yorkshire were discussing doing a LEJOG next year; @oiljam @colly @Gary Newton @Martin Archer @Moodyman following the above thread started by @Michael Donohoe who's never been seen since!

As a result we're meeting up this Saturday 9th at 10am for a 30 mile-ish ride: "Its a cracking ride through some beautiful country roads. About 30-35 miles. Route is Walton, Notton, Woolley, Cannon Hall, Cawthorne, Ryhill and back. Some climbs including Jebb Lane. Can stop for coffee if anyone needs to at cannon hall."

Pugneys Country Park, WF2 7EQ meet point on Saturday 9th at 10am.There'll be a £2 charge for parking if anyone is coming by car.

Would any other CC-er's like to join us?

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Thanks for that. I'm in for sure. Lets hope some more interest is gathered from this.

Steve H

Large Member
Hi gents,

I've recently signed up for the Deloitte Ride Across Britain LEJOG event that is next September. This is a 9-day event, so similar to what you are thinking about for next year. Therefore I wouldn't be up for another LEJOG session with you all, but I certainly would be up for joining up for some training rides if we are all in a fairly local area and working towards some similar goals.

I can get out this Saturday if you don't mind me gatecrashing with a slightly different agenda?

colly

Re member eR
Hi gents,

I've recently signed up for the Deloitte Ride Across Britain LEJOG event that is next September. This is a 9-day event, so similar to what you are thinking about for next year. Therefore I wouldn't be up for another LEJOG session with you all, but I certainly would be up for joining up for some training rides if we are all in a fairly local area and working towards some similar goals.

I can get out this Saturday if you don't mind me gatecrashing with a slightly different agenda?
Good. Someone to hide behind if it gets windy.:smile:

colly

Re member eR
Weather looks ok if not brilliant so unless the Met office are waaay off I should be ok.

Is that the Asda car park ?

Steve H

Large Member
Here's the latest from the bbc website - should be ok early on, but we might get wet on the way back:

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Saturday
    Mainly dry and bright through the morning. However, there may be a few showers during the afternoon, becoming dry and bright again later. Winds mainly light, but feeling cold.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Here's the latest from the bbc website - should be ok early on, but we might get wet on the way back:

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Saturday
    Mainly dry and bright through the morning. However, there may be a few showers during the afternoon, becoming dry and bright again later. Winds mainly light, but feeling cold.

I'm kinda hoping you're one of them fit weather girls off the TV and your pic and name is just to throw us :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Steve H

Large Member
I'm kinda hoping you're one of them fit weather girls off the TV and your pic and name is just to throw us :thumbsup:

This is me at work

Attachments

• weather girl.jpg
    weather girl.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom