SAtMap - use latpop to navigate a map and define a route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

02GF74

Über Member
I would like to know if there is an Windows application that can be used to define a route?

It would be much easier to view the map on a big screen and use a mouse to navigate and mark a route than the little poxy rubber pointer thingy.

(there is one to transfer files between the unit and a computer).

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Any of the GPS planning programs such as bikehike or bikeroutetoaster can be used to create a route, which you then save back onto your PC in a .gpx or .tcx format. Then use SatSynch to upload it to your SatMap,

Fattman

+1 this is a very useful site for setting up routes, use it all the time - (here) - especially as it shows you a Google Map click & navigate route, plus an OS view (useful to avoid planning road routes down farm tracks) or elevation trace.

Not sure there is an off-line version, though, so you will need to be connected to the internet, at least until you have downloaded the file of the route.

OP
OP
02GF74

02GF74

Über Member
.... yeah, I should have mentioned it (in fact it did occur to me once I'd posted) but it wold need to be offline.

ideally there shold be a way to emulate the satmap front panel screen., buttons etc since I have the OS map in the device.

anyways, thanks for the info. - have contacted satmap to see what they say.

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Ah - offline. There are some PC programs which use OS maps, but of course they're very expensive, as you've got to buy the maps. There do seem to be a number of free offline GPS maps using Google maps and other maps. Do a bit of googling on PC gps offline mapping to see if there's anything useful.

Top Bottom