Saturday, 11th May. Conder Green from Todmorden (100 miles) or Whalley (100 km)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The forecast is still looking okay for Saturday, but the list of riders certainly isn't! :whistle:

It is beginning to look like it will just be me and Littgull on this lovely route, but perhaps with a guest appearance from Domus?

1967: Tune in, Turn on, Drop out
2019: Come on - Drop in/Turn out! :laugh:

Domus

Guru
Been out today in the cold on the winter bike, 64 Kms done, legs a bit leaden at the end but lighter summer bike on Saturday should help matters.
Can't promise the full distance but I will be at Spring Wood at 10.00

I shall be carrying a copy of the Times and wearing a pink carnation ^_^

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Been out today in the cold on the winter bike, 64 Kms done, legs a bit leaden at the end but lighter summer bike on Saturday should help matters.
Can't promise the full distance but I will be at Spring Wood at 10.00

I shall be carrying a copy of the Times and wearing a pink carnation ^_^
Excellent. If you want my ride phone number I could PM it to you, otherwise we will just look out for a suspicious-looking character hanging around in the car park. I will be on my red Cannondale, as featured in my current avatar... (<---------- over there)

What's your ETA at Condor Green? I might* have a leisurely pootle down from Lancaster and meet some fellow CCers for a butty and a brew.

*depending on my levels of commitment/apathy towards my current decorating job
Obviously a bit of a guess, but it is unlikely that it would be before 13:00 and I certainly would prefer it to be well before 14:00, so 13:15-13:30-ish? We would probably stop for 30-45 minutes.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Excellent. If you want my ride phone number I could PM it to you, otherwise we will just look out for a suspicious-looking character hanging around in the car park. I will be on my red Cannondale, as featured in my current avatar... (<---------- over there)

Obviously a bit of a guess, but it is unlikely that it would be before 13:00 and I certainly would prefer it to be well before 14:00, so 13:15-13:30-ish? We would probably stop for 30-45 minutes.

In my experience they will stop for as long as it takes Colin to eat two slices of cake and for @Littgull to neck beans on toast.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

In my experience they will stop for as long as it takes Colin to eat two slices of cake and for @Littgull to neck beans on toast.
And how long it takes to get served... Service was a bit slow for our large group on the Garforth ride. That won't be a problem this time unless there is a sudden surge of interest, or there happens to be a huge crowd of people ahead of us in the queue.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

cool. If I set off at 1300 (its about a 15 min ride), presuming I'm not up to my elbows in paint... we should coincide quite nicely. :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

@Littgull, @ Domus, @MontyVeda - Sorry folks, I'm going to have to postpone the ride. The cold bug I had a month or so back has decided to come out of hibernation and make me ill again! It started to develop on Wednesday night but I thought I'd wait until now to see if I got over it in time for the ride. I haven't ... I feel worse today and can barely even drag myself down to my local shops. It would not be sensible to attempt this ride.

I will reschedule it to a date in May, as yet to be decided. That means that @nickAKA and @Pale Rider might get the chance to join us, but Domus will possibly be away in Mallorca at the time.

@Littgull, @ Domus, @MontyVeda - Sorry folks, I'm going to have to postpone the ride. The cold bug I had a month or so back has decided to come out of hibernation and make me ill again! It started to develop on Wednesday night but I thought I'd wait until now to see if I got over it in time for the ride. I haven't ... I feel worse today and can barely even drag myself down to my local shops. It would not be sensible to attempt this ride.

I will reschedule it to a date in May, as yet to be decided. That means that @nickAKA and @Pale Rider might get the chance to join us, but Domus will possibly be away in Mallorca at the time.

That's a real shame, Colin. But you couldn't entertain riding a day long 100 miler without feeling fighting fit. GWS.

Looking forward to riding with @Domus, @MontyVeda and others on the rescheduled ride.

nickAKA

Über Member

Not really your problem Colin but I've got stuff booked in on the 5th & the 19th May (Dad duty) but Saturdays are open :okay:

Hope you're feeling better soon BTW!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Thanks - it is just a cold but that's enough to do the damage on a long ride with hills. I don't make the macho mistake of thinking that colds are trivial after THIS EPISODE! :eek:

I've just remembered that my cousin will be here for the Tour de Yorkshire the first weekend in May so the rescheduled ride will not be that weekend,

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Shame... get well soon Colin :smile:

That's a real shame, Colin. But you couldn't entertain riding a day long 100 miler without feeling fighting fit. GWS.

Looking forward to riding with @Domus, @MontyVeda and others on the rescheduled ride.

I wasn't actually planning doing any riding.. just meeting up for the brew and cake bit. :cuppa:

Domus

Guru
Not to worry, the cold/man flu I had after my op knocked me for 6.

I am hoping to do the Friday night to Barry and the 100 miler to Llandudno in May so two weekends full for me.

Get well soon. :cold:

Top Bottom