Saturday is the Gavia Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Dayvo said:
Use this:

http://www.cyclingfans.com/giro_d_italia_player.html

Just turn down the volume on one of the two commentaries. The Norwegian commentary is good, even if you don't understand it; [B]ANYTHING[/B] is preferable to listening to Sean Kelly! :ohmy:

Yess, it certaintlee is begorrah!

I struggle to stay awake

redfox

Wow, Ricco doesn't really do a lot to endear himself to people does he? Not sure if I want Contador to beat Ricco by a big margin tomorrow or by giving up 3 seconds to him.

Shame I wont be watching tomorrow, as I will be out on an Audax; taking a far more appropriate 9 hours to ride 200KM. 224KM in 6:45 (including two cat one climbs) the whole thing just smacks of effort!

yello

redfox said:
Wow, Ricco doesn't really do a lot to endear himself to people does he?

Did I miss something?

Di Luca looked shagged after his effort to make up time on the Mortirolo. I reckon that's him just him done for. Good ride from Sella though, took his chance well.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Am really surprised Ricco did not attack in the last kilo and bury himself to snatch the Pink Jersey off Contadors shoulders instead of that half arsed attempt. Its what I would have done gone for the psychological touch of taking it off him even if just for a day, cant see Ricco taking the TT.

redfox

yello said:
Did I miss something?

I was just a bit surprised at the way he kept abusing those around him for not taking their turn at the front.

Maybe its normal, but it seems to me that if you want the GC you ought to be prepared to go and get it rather than relying on others.

redfox said:
I was just a bit surprised at the way he kept abusing those around him for not taking their turn at the front.

Maybe its normal, but it seems to me that if you want the GC you ought to be prepared to go and get it rather than relying on others.

Yeah, that's what I thought! If they were unwilling team-mates it would have been understandable, but it was very arrogant of him (unless that is the norm!).

yello

Think of it as frustration rather than arrogance. He had no support and whatever he tried was checked. Maybe there should have been deals done?

But, yes, what had he got to loose by trying a 'rip shoot or bust' effort? Unless, of course, he was trying that too?

Keith Oates

Janner
For me Ricco is showing a very bad side of his character almost after each stage. He didn't complain when Contador was isolated a couple of days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I don't think its anything new. Just that we have cameras so close to the bikes we can see the riders talking to each other.

Not sure i like the 'get a lead' and then 'mark your opponent' style of riding. Its very defensive but does win you the races.

Top Bottom