Saturday is the Gavia Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Its the last day in the mountains on Saturday for the Giro but it could well be the best day as the riders face the Gavia Pass by all accounts a bit of a beast. Its also the highest point of this years race.

So is Mr Sella going to launch himself at it on a solo breakaway or is someone else going to have a crack, who do you think will take the glory.

Keith Oates

Janner
Good question, only wish I had a good answer. I think that this is going to be the time when all of the GC contenders will give it a crack, it could be Simoni's last grab at glory before hanging up his road wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
spandex said:
I cant find the grio on tv:angry:

Eurosport2 at 15.00hr

girofan

Don't concern yourselves with the Gavia, it's too far out to make a lasting move. The Mortirolo is where an all-out attack is likely to take place, and my money is on DiLuca if he's got anything left after today's courageous attack. He may not win, but he'll bust a gut trying. Will Ricco profit from the aggravation DiLuca gives Contador?

Good stage today. Brilliant attacking ride by Di Luca and Salvodelli. I think Contador had to deep pretty deep to keep the 'maglia rosa' And did you see Ricco's face at the end. He was absolutely mad with himself - all that effort and still no lead in the GC. Looking forward to tomorrow - could be a classic

girofan

Keith Oates said:
All the mouthing off he did afterwards makes me like Ricco even less than before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Keith he does seem to have a mouth on him, but if he can back it up by distancing Contador today (Sat), he perhaps will have more justification for his rhetoric.

Keith Oates

Janner
Contador will have a tough day today as he really doesn't have a team around him. Di Luca gaining over a minute yesterday on the down hill rides doesn't bode well for him today either as there are three big descents where he will be sruggling to keep up the pace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom