Save draft when editing posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Shaun.

I am currently doing a big edit of the first post of one of my forum ride threads. I was in a hurry when I created the thread and said that I would return later and edit the post to provide the usual details.

It will probably take me several sessions to complete my edit, but I have just noticed that there is no 'Drafts' button when editing an existing post so I can't save my progress in the edit as I go along.

Is it possible to provide a drafts button for post edits?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The forum software auto saves a draft at set intervals as you create posts but I'm not sure if this occurs when editing an existing post. You could always copy it to an offline word type document and edit it there, then paste the whole lot back to the forum once it is completed.

I suspect the only way to do what you want will be to 'save' edit during your re-write, but this will let everyone see the unfinished product each time.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

You could always copy it to an offline word type document and edit it there, then paste the whole lot back to the forum once it is completed.

I suspect the only way to do what you want will be to 'save' edit during your re-write, but this will let everyone see the unfinished product each time.
I was going to resort to offline editing because I didn't want to save the intermediate versions, but ...

You could try quote your post, then edit that, which should save it as you go, then copy and paste it back into your first post, without actually posting the quote.
... That'll do it - thanks!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I have just rediscovered this old thread of mine. I was about to start a new thread on the subject, but I'll recycle this one!

I don't see the Drafts icon when posting from my phone. That is true in portrait or landscape mode. It would be nice to have it restored...

Shaun

Founder
I'd somehow left it off the smallest editor toolbar, but it should be back now if you refresh your browser. :okay:

1631830021977.png

Top Bottom