Saw a cyclist hit a lorry today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Well done @sarahale for stopping and helping.
Not everyone would be up to it.
This episode will stay with you for a bit, you can be proud of yourself though.
Will you keep in contact with the injured man?

I'll be forever grateful to work for my for my first aid training as I've now fallen back on it a few times and it just gives me some idea of what I need to do to keep the person as safe as can be. I have no details of him apart from his name so it seems unlikely but I do wish him well.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ditto for the works first aid course, never had to use it at work but it has come in handy in life, knowing what to do in that situation really helps.

Well done @sarahale for stopping to help.

I did my first First Aid course after something that happened to a young guy at work. He had gone out for the day with his mates, and long story made short, one of his mates drowned. It made me realise that I had no clue about first aid or resuscitation, and prompted me to do a course.

It came in handy a couple of times when my daughter was a toddler, and in later years I was a kayak instructor for a while, where a valid first aid certificate was mandatory.

Even now, I always carry a first aid kit in my rucksack when walking, or my pannier when cycling, and even though I am not accredited, having some idea of what to do is far, far better than knowing nothing......

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Well done @sarahale for stopping to help.

I did my first First Aid course after something that happened to a young guy at work. He had gone out for the day with his mates, and long story made short, one of his mates drowned. It made me realise that I had no clue about first aid or resuscitation, and prompted me to do a course.

It came in handy a couple of times when my daughter was a toddler, and in later years I was a kayak instructor for a while, where a valid first aid certificate was mandatory.

Even now, I always carry a first aid kit in my rucksack when walking, or my pannier when cycling, and even though I am not accredited, having some idea of what to do is far, far better than knowing nothing......

I'm going to get a little kit to put in my bag, mainly just something absorbent to put on anything bleeding as this guy's hand was gushing and I had nothing clean to put on it to try and stem the bleeding.

Definitely helps to know a little of what to do, I just went a bit into autopilot but had it been more serious I'm not sure how well I would of coped, still feel shaky today.

byegad

Legendary Member
Well done for stopping, the last time I came off, on an icy road in the dark, the first four cars nearly ran me over as I picked myself up, insult was added to slight (Thankfully) injury when two cyclists did the same.

Top Bottom