Saying Thank You!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moda

The person that damaged my bike while it was locked to a lamp post has paid for its repair in full so the LBS has ordered the parts.

Had it not been for a very kind bystander who noted the registration and took photos of the van I would have had no idea who the culprit was but worse would have been left with a £1000+ repair bill.

I have the witness's phone number and email address. How would people suggest I show my immense gratitude that he didn't just walk on by.

Shaun

Founder
If he's been kind enough to tell you the van registration mark then he's likely a civic minded person who will be satisfied with a simple "Thank you!" - and knowing his actions have helped you out.

As to a treat - just explain that he's saved you an absolute fortune in repairs and tell him you'd like to treat him to some gift vouchers or a cash reward to put towards his own hobbies or interests. I'll take bets on him politely refusing though ... ;)

Actions like this restore your faith in humanity though don't they ... :thumbsup:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If he's been kind enough to tell you the van registration mark then he's likely a civic minded person who will be satisfied with a simple "Thank you!" - and knowing his actions have helped you out.

As to a treat - just explain that he's saved you an absolute fortune in repairs and tell him you'd like to treat him to some gift vouchers or a cash reward to put towards his own hobbies or interests. I'll take bets on him politely refusing though ... ;)

Actions like this restore your faith in humanity though don't they ... :thumbsup:

Or simply send the vouchers with a thank you letter that explains you don't deal with returns - if he doesn't want them, he can donate them to his favourite cause.

Born2die

Amazon vouchers can get what he likes then

or in my case a crate of finest single malt

tadpole

Vouchers and a thank you note, and a promise to pass on the good will, ie next time you see something happen, you do the same, help someone, a stranger. "Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days"

Top Bottom