Scalping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
So far 100% of the multi-£1000 bikes I have seen have been ridden very very quickly by riders far better than me & usually ask "two up?" as I pass them or they catch me.
^^ corrected for my scenario... there are less than 5 riders I see locally that can genuinely drop me.

Maybe some scalping/SCR going on in my commute last night, I dont normally get a tow/give a tow much but for whatever reason I ended up with 6 other commuters in a line for a couple miles. Was quite funny to see some people almost fighting with each other for the front only to keep getting stopped by lights/traffic etc Was happy to sit on the back and cruise with them :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
[QUOTE 1482690"]
You are grasping at straws and it's quite funny, in a heh heh not ha ha sort of way.

Adding to the heart rate monitor excuse we now have a lower FCN and the fact that it was not an overtake because he was in the n/s lane and you was in the middle.

Anyways enough! I've just come back from Wickes and am now the proud owner of one black velocro strap. Which of course from a distance will look like a HRM and I'd thought I'd get some expert advice. What's the best thing to do when being not being overtaken because he is in the left hand lane and you are in a the middle lane but stills passes you anyway?

i) Immediately sit up on the seat and feign adjustment not maintaining eye contact?

ii) Yell, GOD DAMN I SPEND £150 ON A HRM AND IT DOES NOT WORK!! Yeah you may have been overtaken but at least the other person now knows you are loaded enough to spend £150 on a HRM alone as they pass you.
[/quote]

Writing shoot again I see.

400bhp

Guru
Sounds like me on my non-clothing days (actually I'd probably have a few gels in my back pocket)... I know a fair number of people who ride multi-£1000 bikes for their commuting & almost all of them stash their bike in their office (including me)

+1

same as me.

vickster

Legendary Member
I overtook a chap this morning - he was about 90 and evidently not in a rush, whereas I was late for work! An unsurpassed scalp me thinks :bicycle:

Garz

Squat Member
I semi-scalped (if you can call it that) a local club cyclist at the beginning of the week unintentionally catching him up which he didn't realise. We hit some traffic and both turned left at which point he could hear my pawls and glanced back. After flexing his muscles he tried upping the pace considerably which didn't drop me so I decided to utilise his efforts and allow him to be my wind shield.

A fella that didn't seem to want to chat, he then got out of the saddle and went for the testosterone-like sprint.. after another hundred yards and out of breath he looked round to still see me stuck to his wheel. Not long after this I peeled off left to continue home whilst he turned right looking rather deflated.

If he hadnt of upped the speed to nutcase levels I would have took a turn in front, oh well...

Top Bottom