Scarves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This man was an expert and could help anyone wear something around their neck - he's a scarf ace.
jr-636-copy.jpg

(Actually, it's a picture of threeviolinsmcginty on his way to The Plywood Club - where he always got three sheets to the wind on WBP ale.):santa::snowball:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@MarkF - Christmas/Birthday presents for family sorted for the next few years by the sound of it ! :thumbsup:

[and yes, they might get back the ones they gave you - but it makes the point ^_^ !]

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Had to start wearing one now that I insist on my little one wearing a scarf when it is very cold. Which he doesn't like much, but will do so if Daddy does too.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
It's not about the women, it's about you being hard to buy for. Socks aren't really given as presents, so scarves are the fall back generic gift.

How can a man who asks, specifically, for socks and undies, be hard to buy for? That's what I asked for, apart from one other item, I asked for a plain, navy blue sweater, in Gap costing £16.99, they were in the sales, I tried it on and it was just what I was after and that is why I asked for it. Did I get it, or socks,or undies? No, I got a "better" , expensive, 100% merino wool one that was thought more appropriate. :wacko:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
What is it with women and scarves? :cursing: I don't wear them, I never have, nobody has seen me with one and I've never expressed any interest in them. It's my birthday, 2 more arrived, that's 12 hung up now.
Send some to me .... I've lost 2 scarves this week that I've had for years :cry:. One I left in the back of a taxi in Russia (silk paisley genuine 1980s) and the other just vapourised I know not where (warm woollen jobbie) ....
I miss them. I like scarves.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
What is it with women and scarves? :cursing: I don't wear them, I never have, nobody has seen me with one and I've never expressed any interest in them. It's my birthday, 2 more arrived, that's 12 hung up now.
Happy birthday btw :birthday:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have two. One is a proper towelling rain choker to stop rain running down my neck when I wear my tweed shooting coat, (no brim on a flat cap) and the other is a fleece Lowe Alpine which is just great for keeping the draughts out when I'm walking the dog in a howling gale (ie most nights September to May up here in the frozen wastes of Scapegoat Hill). It bridges the gap between my collar and my hat just nicely....

I was given a nice knitted one for Christmas last year, but I don't wear it because it's too tight.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some people are just cold! Confuses the hell out of me. I walk around our place in shorts & t-shirt, even pop down the road on a winters night like that on occassion, if I need to pop out. Her on the other hand, 2 onesies, slipper boots and a dressing gown and STILL moans that she's cold. Maybe I'm just hot stuff! :becool:

It's cos you ride a bike ! We are all 'hot'. :tongue:

Top Bottom