School dinners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Boys at our school did woodwork whilst we did sewing. I recall a clip round the ear and losing my playtime for questioning the "because I say so" reason as to why this should be the case.

At high school because I was left handed I was allowed to be excused woodwork. If I wished.
Made some rhomboid boxes and a tea pot stand that was dangerous. Others seemed to produce entire wardrobes and so on.
Altogether a good decision, in my case.

DRM

Guru
Junior school lunchtimes were good fun, there was always a race to get the main course, desert, along with custard with the skin on eaten as fast as possible, followed by seconds, then outside so that break time was as long as possible, until the two participating tables were read the riot act as they had finished desert whilst some had just sat down with the first course and hadn’t even picked up the cutlery

I think my first experience of fine dining was saturday lunchtime post-rugby matches at various local private boarding schools. Our school did great food, but the boarders were on a different level.

Top Bottom