Taking kids to School

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s the same mentality as people who spend five minutes driving round the car park so they can park as close as possible to the supermarket door. I tend to park at the far end and will often be in before they get out of the car. Many of these people will go to the gym, in the car, and also park as close as possible to the door. And wouldn’t get the irony.

We play the game of driving past parking spaces to get as close as we dare without having to go around again. It means we don't get the closest spot but it's kind of like a tempting fate / playing chicken kind of thing!

Dadam

Our nearest primary school is 300 yards away (our two have always walked). Allegedly the border of the catchment area was is only another 100 yards or so further out, or it was when we were concerned about ours getting in. Funny that there‘s so many driving from some distance away :rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It’s the same mentality as people who spend five minutes driving round the car park so they can park as close as possible to the supermarket door. I tend to park at the far end and will often be in before they get out of the car. Many of these people will go to the gym, in the car, and also park as close as possible to the door. And wouldn’t get the irony.
It is time for that photo again! :whistle:

escalator-sm.jpg

:laugh:

He might be dropping kid off before commuting to work.

Not that many people have jobs where they can start and finish at appropriate times for start and end of school, but some do.

But - if I've understood the scenario - the driver lives 450metres away, so they still only need to walk 450m back to their own driveway before starting their (essential) car commute to work.
What's so hard about that? If everyone did it, the danger to children walking near the school would be massively reduced.

Dadam

But - if I've understood the scenario - the driver lives 450metres away, so they still only need to walk 450m back to their own driveway before starting their (essential) car commute to work.
What's so hard about that? If everyone did it, the danger to children walking near the school would be massively reduced.

Agreed, it's a five minute walk FFS!

Top Bottom