School kids taking the mick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beachy

Went out on my bike yesterday. Local school kids burst out laughing shouting 'what the f!?k is that?.

I told them it was a very old Morrison, one said 'what, from the supermarket'.

We all had a laugh and I said as long as its safe,motioned and has new tyres and tubes it suits me for now.

I could not verbally abuse them as Inwas the same when their age 40 odd years ago.

Mod Note: Moved as the thread is more suited to the General Cycling section.

Last edited by a moderator:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's when they challenge you to a race and you give them a kicking as they laugh in defeat. Big kid.

U

User32269

Don't know if it was just a Liverpool thing, used to shout " gerrof and milk it" to any old (over 30!) bloke as they rode past.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Don't know if it was just a Liverpool thing, used to shout " gerrof and milk it" to any old (over 30!) bloke as they rode past.
Long ago, when I thought 5 miles was a long ride, schoolkids used to shout that at me (central Lancashire).
And yes, my 30th birthday was long ago!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's when they challenge you to a race and you give them a kicking as they laugh in defeat. Big kid.
In my dreams ..! :laugh:

I was riding up the long Cragg Vale climb with my pal Bill a few days ago. We were on our best racing bikes, riding at a good steady pace. Suddenly, a teenager on a knobbly-tyred mountain bike shot past us and was soon about 100 metres ahead. Bill upped his pace and I tucked in behind him ...

The lad looked over his shoulder and upped his pace too. Bill started setting a pace that kept reminding me that half my left lung still doesn't seem to work properly. We were not getting any closer to the mountain biker ...

I suggested that we just settle back down to our original speed, but Bill seemed keen to make the catch. We stopped talking and upped our pace again. No joy!

We came to the steeper mid-section of the climb but MTB-lad was up to the challenge. We never made any headway at all and then he turned left and left us to lick our wounds! :notworthy:^_^

I had the usual shout a few months ago of;

"Oi, mate, your back wheel's following your front!!"

I don't think they expected me to turn round, ride back down the road & ask which one shouted
Perhaps fearing, at the very least a few choice words, or at worst a blooded nose, one lad was brave enough to confess

I congratulated him on his understanding of physical laws of motion, & asked he was studying Physics
Yes, he was, & was about to enter 6th Form

Straight-faced, I asked how come he knew about 'Cretins Law Of Inter-dependant Motion'
I told him about how it describes the inter-action of 2 objects that were a constantly fixed distance apart, be it physically, or (in space terms) by gravitational pull, will travel at identical speeds,

In this case, he'd been spot on demonstrating its main principle;
The frame/forks of the bicycle located the wheels at a fixed distance, & pedalling provided the identical speeds

I insisted that he asked his Physics tutor about it, & explain exactly how he got to know about 'Cretins Law'

I would dearly loved to have been in the classroom if he ever did:whistle:

Top Bottom