School places - how did it go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
My lad got into his chosen secondary. We have a really odd system in Leicestershire county where kids start secondary school in Y6 (age 10). Completely out of synch with Leicester city council where they move to secondary in Y7. Really messes things up if your chosen secondary is in the city, but you live in the county.

jagetmeh?

ChrisKH

Guru
Over The Hill said:
Pleased to find my second daughter followed first to the preferred school which is not catchment and gets fully subscribed.

On a personal level you want them to be happy and do well so want the better school but then it is clear that the local "better" school is creaming off all the brighter and more engaged kids. This leaves the not so good school with all the problem and less motivated kids.

The worst school in the area got so bad they closed it down, built houses on the site and built a new school across the road!

Unfortunately, I went to the bad school in my area. There is a better school down the road now but it's not as well placed to take so many pupils. So Essex County Council are knocking down the bad school, building a brand new school on the same site, moving the better school pupils into the bad school that's newly re-built and changing its name to that of the better school. Capisce? :wacko:

Top Bottom