Schools Out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well after a failed effort at driving my lad around his paper-round due to the papers not being delivered to the Post Office, I come home to find both the kids will be home with me today as the school is closed.
I wouldn't mind if there was actually some proper snow, but the main roads are no more than wet, and we must have had a mere 1" of the white stuff.
Just as well I work shift and happen to be off today, must be a PITA for the parents that have to be at work.
SWMBO will be going to work, as her school, just as local as the kids, is open....

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Soft I tell you , we've all gone soft. :whistle:

Lullabelle

Banana
Watching the news this morning, some places look really bad, stranded for hours in the freezing cold deep snow :sad: :cold:

We have had a very light sprinkling.

screenman

Legendary Member
I had a conversation with somebody objecting to school closures due to snow, I suggested that although there was not that much snow in the morning a heavy fall was due later and that the kids may have trouble getting back, his answer was that is was not his problem as the schools got them there so it is their problem to get them back.

my daughters are fuming, the school next to theirs is closed but theirs is open all day and we've had a text to that effect. good on them I say.

I was out with the dog early this morning, only a light sprinkling but it has definitely got heavier. nothing like when I was a kid and all that though :whistle:

I'm looking forward to a nice walk with the dog again later - he enjoyed himself too

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My 7 year old had a big sulk this morning because his school is open.
It doesn’t help that the news is full of shut schools.

screenman

Legendary Member
my daughters are fuming, the school next to theirs is closed but theirs is open all day and we've had a text to that effect. good on them I say.

I was out with the dog early this morning, only a light sprinkling but it has definitely got heavier. nothing like when I was a kid and all that though :whistle:

I'm looking forward to a nice walk with the dog again later - he enjoyed himself too

There were no cars on the roads when you were a kid though, as for central heating.

Levo-Lon

Guru
There was 1100 kids at my comprehensive ..
If some teachers couldn't make it in ,no problem.
We would have 2-3 teachers in assembly keeping us occupied.
Games hall or the canteen.
We walked to school..if you can play in snow you can walk to school.

Guess the problem is now long travel commute and kids can't walk from the extended catchment areas.

We do seem to panic at the first sign of snow.
We should be able to ban snow after Brexit:laugh:

Top Bottom