Schools Out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
It's a funny old world that's for sure.
Most private businesses will have put contingency plans in place and be bending over backwards to ensure they are open and able to trade today.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I think every skool in Northamptonshire is closed.

There's an inch of snow here. :ph34r:
My daughter's is open - the buses battled through the frozen wastes to get there !

Levo-Lon

Guru
It's a funny old world that's for sure.
Most private businesses will have put contingency plans in place and be bending over backwards to ensure they are open and able to trade today.

We have a thing call " the Bradford scale" never heard of it until I became a minion..
I had half a day off 18 month ago under Dr's orders after a injection for a frozen shoulder, ffs form filling and wanting to know the in' s and outs of everything..

Slioch

Guru
We have a thing call " the Bradford scale" never heard of it until I became a minion..

I've worked in a few businesses where they used the Bradford Scale to identify triggers for absence. Not everybody's cup of tea, but it at least ensured everyone was treated the same.

Using a mechanism like this can help businesses where there are high levels of absenteeism. I've worked alongside people who regard their sickness "allowance" as being an extension of their annual leave.

screenman

Legendary Member
Why not? Most of them live further from the schools than the pupils and are therefore more likely to be calling for closures due to weather related transport problems.

Coach companies and caretakers are the one often making the decision. There is a reason teachers live away from schools nowadays.

rugby bloke

Veteran
In the case of my daughter's school the decision to close the school is usually based on the buses ability to reach the school. It's catchment is predominately villages reached by ungritted roads and the majority of the children use the bus service, so if the buses cannot get through then the school closes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've worked in a few businesses where they used the Bradford Scale to identify triggers for absence. Not everybody's cup of tea, but it at least ensured everyone was treated the same.

Using a mechanism like this can help businesses where there are high levels of absenteeism. I've worked alongside people who regard their sickness "allowance" as being an extension of their annual leave.

Absolutely,we get a fair few schivers..
The organisation soon set's them free..

rugby bloke

Veteran
Time schools only took pupils within 3 miles. No need for buses to get stuck in 0.5cm of snow then.
Slightly odd logic ... Are you going to stump up the money to build all the extra schools then. Considering in the most of the UK we probably have around a week of this sort of weather most years.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom