Schumacher positive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
I raised my suspicions on the "Sella positive" thread....how right could I be? It was being out front alone for so long which did it for me more than the TTs.

Unfortunately, I didn't foresee any problems with Schleck...

Will1985 said:
Agreed - you can't go on the attack day after day like Ricco and Sella have done in the Grands Tours. As with Sastre, the Schleck brothers showed they were each fallible on one mountain stage or another.

As for Schumacher going on those consecutive day long outings on stages 16 & 17, are they considered suspicous? Granted he didn't win, but surely he would have been knackered after the first one, making the following day more unbelievable. I'm pretty sure that "unbelievable" was used by the commentary team about him on stage 17, just as the Boardman saying goes. We know he has done drugs, just not the right sort, so I'm only jumping to conclusions. xx(

mondobongo

Über Member
I feel sick..............................................

Nothings changed has it...........................

All that talk and we appear to be no further down the line.

Cycling News are running a news flash.

Chris James

Über Member
No surprise really. As the old adage goes, if it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

At least they are catching them .... some of them anyway!

yenrod

He's a deadset druggy - done coke before now I think...

Once a druggy always a druggy ! :smile:

In my experience.

A 5yr or life ban - I say !

Will1985

Über Member
yenrod said:
He's a deadset druggy - done coke before now I think...

Once a druggy always a druggy ! :smile:

In my experience.

A 5yr or life ban - I say !

On that line of thought, I think I'll stick my neck out now and say that since Boonen was positive in an out-of-competition test, he will test positive at some point before he retires......serious...

yenrod

Will1985 said:
On that line of thought, I think I'll stick my neck out now and say that since Boonen was positive in an out-of-competition test, he will test positive at some point before he retires......serious...

I was thinking that when I posted it but didnt say owt !

OP
OP
M

maurice

How are you guys coming to that conclusion?

Is it that he's done an illegal drug, therefore he won't mind taking a drug against UCI etc regs... or just that he's taken an amphetamine/class A drug or some other thinking?

mondobongo

Über Member
Just been over on Wytchfynders Daily and apparently Schumacher was a targeted rider during the Tour but they could not get a positive on his urine hence his inclusion in the 14 for blood testing.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Its a real shame, on two levels

1. Feel for the riders robbed of glory by a cheat
2. Why does this test take so long to discover the cheats

Steve Austin said:
Its a real shame, on two levels

1. Feel for the riders robbed of glory by a cheat
2. Why does this test take so long to discover the cheats
I was thinking that earlier today. The irony that it was so nearly Millar who was robbed does not escape me. What goes around, comes around...:rolleyes:

Mondobongo said:
Just been over on Wytchfynders Daily
:biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
It can't be ruled out at some point. Boonen may have another 8 years in him, and if he wants to stay the best competing with Cavendish for the line, he might resort to a little extra help - not the first time somebody would have bowed under the pressure.

For his misdemeanours he has apologised and seen the error of his ways...similar to Schumacher. It has happened too many times to various athletes so how can we rule out the possibility?

Keith Oates

Janner
For once I'm not suprised, Schumacher's performances were so much outside his normal that suspicions had to be raised. This coupled with his non performance at the Olympics only added to my doubts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom