Schumacher positive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tetedelacourse said:
I wonder if Cavendish's blood has been targeted.
Wouldn't there be some reason for riders being targetted? In which case I'd be interested to know what intelligence was being acted on to target Cav.

Just a moments idle speculation (and Googling) but if a Columbia rider has been naughty and it turned out to be Kirchen, then not only would Millar have been done out of the stage, he would also have been done out of yellow. How much would that hurt...

Note to the anti-witchburners: I'm not casting aspersions on Kirchen, I'm just illustrating how the dopers stitch up their fellow riders and how they can end up being bitten themselves.

Skip Madness

Well I feel a bit of an arse for bothering to stick up for Schumacher when he won that first time trial now.

Although I have never been of the belief that testing positive should equal an automatic lifetime ban, I do think the standard suspension should be upped from two years to four. It just feels plain wrong that Riccardo Riccò will be riding again in 2010. But I think that particular ball is pretty much in WADA's park.

rustychisel

Ha ha, on the 6th August Keith wrote, then I wrote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Oates View Post
Don't sit on the fence,RC, make a positive choice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a positive for you: just about everyone on Gerolsteiner.

justAl

I'm still baffled by how and when the doping takes place. Who supplies the tablets etc. With so many sportsman cheating this way it can't be that "underground". There must be more than one Dr Fuentes type around with a strong hold over these people.
And as for Riis, what a hard faced git for basically turning his back on Schleck. He is one of many bad for the sport imo anyway

DanRVV2006

HAHA no suprise to me at all, well maybe a little the fact it took this longggggggggg to catch him!
I do remember saying when he won his 2 TT's that something wasnt right but i got shouted down on the forum by certain people beacuse apparently he put in a "good perfromance" and that i was wrong to accuse him of doping. But now these people are saying that they suspected him all the time :biggrin:.
well its one down how many more to go???

MichaelM

Guru
DanRVV2006 said:
HAHA no suprise to me at all, well maybe a little the fact it took this longggggggggg to catch him!
I do remember saying when he won his 2 TT's that something wasnt right but i got shouted down on the forum by certain people beacuse apparently he put in a "good perfromance" and that i was wrong to accuse him of doping.

And quite right too. You can't just go around accusing every Tom Dick and Harry of doping without a trail of hard evidence to back up your claims!!

U IZ A H8ER

:thumbsdown:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I don't think you can say he was obviously dodgy. If it was that easy to pick the cheats then we wouldn't have these farcical situations of the test results taking several months to come back.
Maybe we could just have you sat watching the race Will and picking the cheats for us ;) Would save a lot of hassle.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Steve Austin said:
I don't think you can say he was obviously dodgy. If it was that easy to pick the cheats then we wouldn't have these farcical situations of the test results taking several months to come back.
Maybe we could just have you sat watching the race Will and picking the cheats for us ;) Would save a lot of hassle.

I take your point but his teammates suspected something was up from his reaction to the CERA tests. They all cheered when they heard about the new test while he sulked according to Sebastian Lang. It gives weight to the idea that this is individuals not an organised Festina-type affair.

Noodley

I recall a bit of 'he's come from nowhere' posting in relation to Schumacher gaining the yellow jersey, and I responded that he had previous victories which would indicate it was 'not from nowhere'.

I still stand by that. He did not 'come from nowhere'. <remember I am a witch finder ;)>

Whether that was due to a history of getting away with doping or not is another matter...

But his defence of the jersey was not without suspicion...

Top Bottom