Schwalbe Marathon Plus Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Fitted them last night after work. The front one went on a treat but the back one was a little more tricky. Took about 30 mins to change them over and they certainly look the part.

One thing I did notice though was that the red tape on the inside of the rim was loose - I gather this is meant to be glued down? Is it a fairly cheap item to replace?

Crankarm

Guru
mike.pembo said:
Fitted them last night after work. The front one went on a treat but the back one was a little more tricky. Took about 30 mins to change them over and they certainly look the part.

One thing I did notice though was that the red tape on the inside of the rim was loose - I gather this is meant to be glued down? Is it a fairly cheap item to replace?

Rim tape you mean to protect the tube from the spoke nipples and holes in the rim. Err .... loose :biggrin:? Rim tape is pretty cheap. It is worth inspecting it whilst changing tyres IMHO. IIRC Wiggle were doing Velox Jante cloth tape for £1.10 a roll before Christmas so bought a few. You can even double up rim tape for added tube protection, but be sure your tyre still seats properly though. You can use a smear of washing up liquid to get obstinate tyres over the rim and then on the inside of the rim to get them to seat properly. Also a hair dyrer comes in handy to soften them if it's really cold. Or put them in the airing cupboard prior to fitting to soften them up, although don't let your other half catch you .......(only applies if they are not cyclists).

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Crankarm said:
Rim tape you mean to protect the tube from the spoke nipples and holes in the rim. Err .... loose :headshake:? Rim tape is pretty cheap. It is worth inspecting it whilst changing tyres IMHO. IIRC Wiggle were doing Velox Jante cloth tape for £1.10 a roll before Christmas so bought a few. You can even double up rim tape for added tube protection, but be sure your tyre still seats properly though. You can use a smear of washing up liquid to get obstinate tyres over the rim and then on the inside of the rim to get them to seat properly. Also a hair dyrer comes in handy to soften them if it's really cold. Or put them in the airing cupboard prior to fitting to soften them up, although don't let your other half catch you .......(only applies if they are not cyclists).

Cool, thanks. To clarify "The rim tape being loose", I mean that I suspect its meant to be stuck to the rim, but it was not stuck and was "floating" so it no longer covered the spoke nipple hole things.

Thanks for the tips.

Top Bottom