Schwalbe ultremo zx tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Vittoria Rubino's have been very good for me so far. I've put about 200 miles on them and the center marking from the mold is yet to wear off. Grip has been good for me in all conditions, and no punctures as of yet.

Oh, and at £12 to £15 a tire they're not bad value for money either.

Make that over 3000 miles for the pair I have on my Spesh and with only 2 punctures in all that time. One due to a pothole... that ain't bad.

U

User6179

Make that over 3000 miles for the pair I have on my Spesh and with only 2 punctures in all that time. One due to a pothole... that ain't bad.

God Ive puntured twice on my path this year before i even reached the road :blush:

funny I came across this as my bike came with a set of these tyres and Im not impressed either. This w/e got yet another pucnture and on further examination I found the rear has a a few cuts and even worn like a blister on one little area :sad:
I found the Ultremo quite easy to puncture and my rear one is very soft. My previous bike was a 2009 Allez and never changed tyres in 3 years and only a couple of punctures in that time.

Im using my road bike for on road cycling and Triathlons so can anyone recomment a tyre that could be suitable for this please?

Thanks

AndyRM

XOXO
I have used a variety of Schwalbe tyres on my road bike and I think they are hopeless. I stick with Continental (Gatorskin and 4000GPS) for commuting duties and Michelin (Krylion Carbon or Race Pro4) for sportives/racing.

That said, my wife has a pair of Schwalbe City Jets on her bike and they are fine.

Thanks Andy, it seems Krylion reviews are better than the RacePro4. Unless anyone else comes forward with another contender I will give the Krylion a go.
I cant use the bike till I get the new tyre, is it ok to mix tyres like Ultremo front and Krylion back?

cheers

AndyRM

XOXO
The Krylions are excellent. Word of warning - they are a bugger to get on! Very tight.

Mixing tyres is a personal choice. Personally I don't like doing it as I feel it spoils the look of the bike. Can't think that there's anything inherently wrong with doing it though.

The Krylions are excellent. Word of warning - they are a bugger to get on! Very tight.

Mixing tyres is a personal choice. Personally I don't like doing it as I feel it spoils the look of the bike. Can't think that there's anything inherently wrong with doing it though.

I will get a MAN to do it ;)

And does anyone want to buy a used Ultremo :whistle:

AndyRM

XOXO
Make sure you give him a beer after his efforts. He will have earned it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Blimey is it really that hard :blush:

Yup. Hardest tyre I've put on my bike by some way.

As HLaB mentions, GP4000s are also a bit of a nightmare. I think that there is quite a lot of variation though.

Have had some tyres that have had me employing some fairly choice language to aid the process, and others that went on no bother at all.

I wouldn't consider the Ultremos as a tyre for general riding, we have them on the spare TT Corima carbon wheels with latex tubes to get as light a set up as possible, mind you still heavy compared with the tubs on the Zipps. For the last few years I have ridden Bontrager Race Light Hardcase and have a grand total of 2 punctures in 30,000 miles, 1 glass and one unexplained, so not bad.

Top Bottom