Schwalbe ultremo zx tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fifelad

Veteran
Second tyre to blow in 2 weeks ! Not happy sent them back to the supplier. Must be a bad batch. Too much of a coincidence. Anyone else had problems with these recently ?

Sale Madrid

Second tyre to blow in 2 weeks ! Not happy sent them back to the supplier. Must be a bad batch too. Too much of a coincidence. Anyone else had problems with these recently ?
Only problem I've had is that they cut up real bad and last about 200 miles before binning them. They're light and fast but a complete waste of time for our roads and normal cycling.

HovR

Über Member
Only problem I've had is that they cut up real bad and last about 200 miles before binning them. They're light and fast but a complete waste of time for our roads and normal cycling.

After reading your "Motivation" thread, I'm not sure you've actually done 200 miles.. :whistle: :thumbsup:

Sale Madrid

After reading your "Motivation" thread, I'm not sure you've actually done 200 miles.. :whistle: :thumbsup:
I hate shwalbe ultremo's marginally more than I dislike cycling. I've probably done slightly more than 200 miles and have got some Conti's now which seem far better but still don't make a ride very exciting.

Sale Madrid

Also, my wife (who does enjoy cycling) has had ultremo's and they were as bad as mine - not much cop and way too dear as well.

HovR

Über Member
In all fairness they are race tires, designed for optimum performance at the sacrifice of service life. Although saying that, it does sound like OP's tires were faulty!

I'm more partial to training tires myself. Lower TPI meaning less performance (supposedly) but better puncture resistance and longer service life.

Vittoria Rubino's have been very good for me so far. I've put about 200 miles on them and the center marking from the mold is yet to wear off. Grip has been good for me in all conditions, and no punctures as of yet.

Oh, and at £12 to £15 a tire they're not bad value for money either.

lordloveaduck

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/all-condition-armadillo-tyre-ec001821

I don't like punctures, these chaps seem to work a treat.

U

User6179

Second tyre to blow in 2 weeks ! Not happy sent them back to the supplier. Must be a bad batch. Too much of a coincidence. Anyone else had problems with these recently ?

Had 2 blow-outs in last 10 weeks and another one developed a bulge today whilst at the top of a climb,limped home (35 mile).

Schwalbe already sent me 2 replacements from first blow out and 2 tubes but I have zero confidence in these tyres now.

Finnjävel

I did 650 km on them before changing the rear one as it was cut badly. The replacement started to unravel at the sidewalls soonish and totally lost it after 600 km. I changed to continental GP4000s, lets see if they hold up better.

Kind of nice to ride they were, though.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Some small nicks in mine after couple of hundred miles, bit early to tell if they will hold up. I run them at max psi and i'm a heavy rider too so if they last for me then anyone has a chance.

U

User6179

Loved mine aswell, roll great but think you have to bin them after say 700 miles just to be on the safe side.

Thats 3 out of 4 developed bulge ,the 4th died after about 500 mile due to something sharp so dont know if that would of bulged also.

Just too expensive buying a pair of tyres every month !

Top Bottom