Science deniers. WTF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I remember hearing Johnny Ball on the radio encouraging young people to go to university. My god, that man was so enthusiastic and inspiring! He told them to go and study the hard sciences, engineering and maths. The social sciences were "opinion" as he put it, but the hard sciences were built upon facts accrued over thousands of years and when you study them, you stand upon an incredible, immovable plinth of knowledge that you can only but add to.

It's probably the most inspiring speech I've ever heard, the man is amazing.
I loved Johnny Ball's "Think of a Number".
Saw him on TV a few weeks ago and he still had the same infectious enthusiasm.

Also, if the world was flat, wouldn't all the water pour off the sides? :scratch:
The ice wall barrier stops that silly!
That exaplains why global warming is so dangerous. Er, I meant circular warming!

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
People are allowed to say anything now, without a shadow of proof.

Look......I just did. 😁

I'll tell you another little secret, you can buy yourself a birthday cake any time. No one's checking.

Had a thought last night while I was in the bath... As you do...

I wonder if people who deny science and all that it brings us would be willing to give up all of their gadgets and devices and appliances. Because of the "appliance of science" as it used to say in the old Zanussi adverts, you know. Remember them?

I remember learning about the Luddites at school. It's illegal now, of course...

classic33

Leg End Member

I wonder if people who deny science and all that it brings us would be willing to give up all of their gadgets and devices and appliances. Because of the "appliance of science" as it used to say in the old Zanussi adverts, you know. Remember them?

I remember learning about the Luddites at school. It's illegal now, of course...
Learning is illegal?
Since When?

I had a thought last night in the bath....

"Where am I, we don't have a bath? "

Seriously, stone age people had technology but likely had beliefs. Does irrational beliefs really mean you can't have technology? If so we should be eating a very basic diet including raw meat as fire is technology too.

Learning is illegal?
Since When?

Learning the wrong things had been illegal at times in most European countries. We burnt people for less in the UK. The Pendle and other witches were probably just people who learnt herbal remedies for health problems and got hung or burnt for it. Mostly women too...hmm! What was that about?

Nah! They'll come for custard types, then the Bakewell tarts. Before you know anyone with a donut will be at risk. Its a conpieracy

I haven't seen a Bakewell tart in years, or anything with custard. Come to think of it I havenn't seen apple pie, scones or my particular favourite, malt loaf, either...

I'm really going to gain weight in the UK aren't I?

*Or ironically, Battemberg cake.

Top Bottom