Scone or Scone?

How do you pronounce "scone"?

• Sk-onn?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Sc-oh-ne?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I agree on the butter and cream being a no-no. All the talk here is of clotted cream and jam and it's an artery hardening approach that I agree with completely, but let's not forget the simplistic beauty of a fresh home made scone with a half inch thick layer of butter spread on it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
User482 said:
I've got a kilo of blackcurrants in the freezer - I could them into jam once I've eaten the strawberry. But I think that blackcurrants would be better in icecream.

I welcome wise counsel on this important decision...

Blackcurrent wine?

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Allow me some heresy (and I warn those of a gentle disposition that what follows is a bit top shelf/under the counter): once when short of Devonian (my preference) clotted cream I resorted to using Marscapone. I did however have Wilkinson's strawberry jam. I was stunned to find it to be a rather delicious combination.

er ... shall I go and get the stake ready for my burning now or can I make a will first? Anybody want a set of panniers?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
threebikesmcginty said:
... simplistic beauty of a fresh home made scone with a half inch thick layer of butter spread on it.

a home made scone (SKONN rhymes with one I hope this can bring the pronunciation argument to it's rightful conclusion:becool: we're not American;)) should be still warm and the butter then melts into it. The jam would insulate the cream so you can build up a muck thicker layer of heart attack inducing goodness:hungry:.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Andy in Sig said:
Yes that is just perverse. He's probably mixed them up with crumpets.

I would agree, but I'm afraid your previous post disqualifies you from this thread. It's the sort of nonsense Delia Smith would suggest, like doing risotto in the oven. In fact, your particular mis-spelling is a giveaway, as Smith also pronounces it "mask-a-pony". She also says tarragon as if it were a region of Spain. You have form with this kind of thing - don't think I've forgotten the pizza toppings...

OP
OP
Landslide

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Andy in Sig said:
Allow me some heresy (and I warn those of a gentle disposition that what follows is a bit top shelf/under the counter): once when short of Devonian (my preference) clotted cream I resorted to using Marscapone. I did however have Wilkinson's strawberry jam. I was stunned to find it to be a rather delicious combination.

er ... shall I go and get the stake ready for my burning now or can I make a will first? Anybody want a set of panniers?

Had you not got the jam involved, I might have let this slide, but unfortunately my strict code of not combining cheese and fruit (see also Wensleydale with cranberries, White Stilton with apricots...) means I'll have to relieve you of your Ortliebs...
Simpsons_torch_mob_sm.jpg

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I'm heaping the ashes on my head as I type.

Top Bottom