Scotland end to end, 500 miles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Hi Brandane, Glad to hear you got beyond the end of your street, the most difficult part of any tour IMV^_^.
Did you see my PM?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Half way! Stirling to Strathtay near Pitlochry today, much of it with a breeze at my back. The statutory rain of course, but only a few showers this afternoon. I love Perthshire, probably my favourite area for cycling outside of France. The River Tay today....

IMG_20180910_142617.jpg

Why I love Perthshire...

IMG_20180910_101355.jpg

iandg

Legendary Member
Day 2 checked off the list. At Stirling and only a third of the way to JoG :ohmy:. Scotland is bigger than we think. Was great to meet @bruce1530 today and have some company from Irvine to Glasgow. As he said, not a tragic amount of rain, and a tailwind for pretty much the entire 77 miles today. I fear tomorrow could be different if the forecast is true... :laugh:

I'll say - I get on a ferry at 7am, leave Ullapool at 9.30 (driving) and rarely make the borders before 6pm

(donated)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane we just saw some poor bogger cycling north in the Drumochter(?) Pass, take care, Sir:okay:
Seriously? The timing of your post would be about right for it to have been me! Blue bike, 2 red panniers on rear, wearing a red hi viz advertising the charity, and (don't tell anyone!) a black plastic hat.

Prior to the summit I would have been standing on the pedals trying to maintain 7 mph and probably shouting and swearing at the wind.

Once round the corner at the summit, the same wind was at my back and I was freewheeling at 25 mph.. But it was brutal heading into it. Now at Aviemore and not got far to go to BoG..

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Seriously? The timing of your post would be about right for it to have been me! Blue bike, 2 red panniers on rear, wearing a red hi viz advertising the charity, and (don't tell anyone!) a black plastic hat.

Prior to the summit I would have been standing on the pedals trying to maintain 7 mph and probably shouting and swearing at the wind.

Once round the corner at the summit, the same wind was at my back and I was freewheeling at 25 mph.. But it was brutal heading into it. Now at Aviemore and not got far to go to BoG..
The post for some reason popped up as I posted another post on the A9 west of Perth...
so it would have been at least 30 mins, 45 mins, maybe an hour earlier..but the person we saw was on the what I took to be a path(or old road) at the location, I never noticed any red or panniers though but we'd just been close called by a lorry cutting in on us...I can verify the wind strength as we were getting blown about as we headed south then west.
We (the Mrs) were heading back down from Inverness.....
Keep going, Mr B..
Kudos to you and safe journey north.

Edit : @Brandane, I checked time I sent an email when I was in Pitlochry and it placed us in the middle of Drumochter at midday...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
IMG_20180911_162617.jpg

Next overnight stop, Tain. :smile:

Top Bottom