Scotland end to end, 500 miles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
It would be a pity to miss the opportunity of a visit to Duncansby Head when at JOG:okay:.
Good to hear you got there despite the wind and rain, and a pleasure to meet you enroute:smile:.
You too @snorri . My traim isn't until 1pm tomorrow so may well fit in a visit to the TRUE northern point of mainland GB rather than the tourist trap that is JoG..

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Brandane - chatted to you in Crask Inn yesterday lunchtime without realising it was you. Congratulations on your achievement. Trust you had a relaxing jouney home courtesy of Scotrail.
Was good to meet you, briefly! Were you one of the guys doing the NC 500? Hope it's going well. I've become a bit confused now with all the good people I've met (and where I've met them) over the course.
There were 3 guys in having lunch at a cafe in Dalwhinnie when I stopped. I saw their bikes the next day parked up outside a cafe in Carrbridge. Guess who I met at the JoG finishing post yesterday! They were doing the full LEJOG, which made me feel something of a fraud (not really), but they were about half my age :laugh:.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
There were 3 guys in having lunch at a cafe in Dalwhinnie when I stopped. I saw their bikes the next day parked up outside a cafe in Carrbridge. Guess who I met at the JoG finishing post yesterday!
Met them AGAIN (well, two of them) on the train from Inverness to Glasgow yesterday. They hadn't pre-booked their bikes on the train and weren't allowed to bring them. They had to use a courier company in Inverness. Anyone going to JoG or Inverness (or indeed anywhere on that line), be warned.... Scotrail are strict on the 4 bikes per train rule, even out of season.

Slick

Guru
For some reason I stopped getting notifications on this thread so missed your progress.

Well done, looked like a tough few days in some nasty weather.

Top Bottom