scott speedster 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simo105

Just wondering if anyone owns one of these and there advise on them im looking at getting the 2015 model for around £900 cheers

young Ed

Veteran
@Banjo is my bike a speedster 20? i know it' a speedster but not sure which one :tongue:
Cheers Ed

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I had a speedster 30 105 (eds now) for about 5 years.

Really nice bike to ride no bad handling traits at all.quite light .

Dont know what wheels they come with now but the original alex wheelset on mine was crap.

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Ok cheers. It comes with Syncros Race 27 Aero Profile 20 Front / 24 Rear not sure what they are like

Banjo

For similar money you could look at the Scott CR1 carbon frame . The CR1 is more of a long distance bike than the speedster which is more of a racer.

young Ed

Veteran
For similar money you could look at the Scott CR1 carbon frame . The CR1 is more of a long distance bike than the speedster which is more of a racer.
saying that i have done a couple of 88 mile rides on my speedster 30, sometimes with 1 stop quite happily :smile: might change the saddle at some point though
and toying with doing C2C in a day on it

so either it can do long distance happily or i am just mad :tongue:
Cheers Ed

Banjo

Im trying to get a bike with 105 gearing so Ive ruled carbon out lol
Fair enough .It all depends what you intend to do with the bike.

If its for fitness and fun rides or club rides /races a speedster is great.

I have done several 200km rides on mine but the ride is quite harsh compared to a bike designed with long distance comfort in mind.theres no provision for luggage or mudguards .
On the plus side its a well made bike thats a pleasure to ride and can go fast with the right rider.

young Ed

Veteran
Planet X have carbon bikes with partial ultegra. They, dolan or Ribble probably have a bike in budget with 105
plenty of bikes about with 105 for £900
i know a chap who got a carbon bike with 105 brand new for £999.99, i forget which make/model it is though :sad:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Cheers for replys ill be mainly using it for club runs really and the odd sportive

vickster

Legendary Member

Banjo

If your doing club runs I would see what the others are riding and discuss with them before you buy.

Trouble is 4 cyclists will give you 5 different opinions .

If at all possible a test ride is usefull . whatever you buy its vital to get the right size frame.

Top Bottom