Member of a youth movement?

• Cub/Scout?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Boys Brigade?

• Brownie/Guide?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Were you a Scout, Boys Brigade or Guide?

Learn anything?

Anything interesting happen?

Abitrary

Boy scout. Camping with german guides who didn't shave their armpits. hummana hummana!!!!

col

Legendary Member
The cubs in cyprus,best three years of my life,as a kid,camping,sports,swimming,in fact my brother and sister and i all got our bronze ,silver and gold medalians within a very short time,at the same time as each other.The open air cinema where we saw Ben hur for the first time,dodge city,the bondu,ah happy memories.

Abitrary

I absolutely loved boy scouts... the camping, go-karting, abseiling, wide games, jamborees. It also where I had my first cigarette and drink.

I also had quite a lot of responsiblity thrust on me from an early age as an Assistant Patrol Leader.

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
I absolutely loved boy scouts... the camping, go-karting, abseiling, wide games, jamborees. It also where I had my first cigarette and drink.

I also had quite a lot of responsiblity thrust on me from an early age as an Assistant Patrol Leader.

Ah the yearly jamboree,great fun,and we all took it very seriously too,and i was a sixer in the cubs,i think?first a seconder then sixer if i remember rightly?

Abitrary

col said:
Ah the yearly jamboree,great fun,and we all took it very seriously too,and i was a sixer in the cubs,i think?first a seconder then sixer if i remember rightly?

Don't you just! The proudest day of my life was reciting my scouts honour.

I also won a cup for loyalty.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Had my first proper kiss at a Jamboree in Nottingham.

With a Guide not a Scout.

Happy days :eek:.

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
Don't you just! The proudest day of my life was reciting my scouts honour.

I also won a cup for loyalty.

A mate and i dressed up as a red coat and had wooden horses,and did a bit of jumping around the stage to rolf harris two little boys song,sort of told the songs story in mime,great fun,and felt like real stars on the stage,it was always a great atmosphere,especaily the christmas do's.

Boy's Brigade - 1st Warley!

Learned to play the bugle and drums (kettle and bass).
Learned to love camping and the great outdoors.
Plenty of various activities.
And developed a dislike/mistrust of organised/state religion. Church parade and bible class were virtually compulsory.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was in the BB.
I got groped by an older member (I beg your pardon) at camp. I left a bit sharpish after that. I still see the bloke about - he's married with a couple of kids now!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Brownie and Guide, I leant some first aid, mucking around and camping. Even when I camp as an adult now there are a few rules I have retained from those camping days - neatly rolling up the doors etc, making the bedding area neat, and if having a picnic you must walk around the edge not the middle of the "table". However I have sucessfully forgotten all those rules relating to chemical toilets/pits. Lots of misbehaving on camps.

Mortiroloboy

I was a seconder to Robert Gay (unfortunate surname) who was my sixer in the 4th Lewes, still remember with fondness a jamboree to Sheffield Park, where I was awarded a tent peg 'Cub Scout of the Jamboree' that was 1968 and I was 10. :sad: In the evenings there was a large indoor roller skate rink, by the end of the week I was pretty good!:eek:

Top Bottom