Member of a youth movement?

• Cub/Scout?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Boys Brigade?

• Brownie/Guide?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Boys Brigade. Quite enjoyed it overall. Uniform was a big naff though especially the wee hat thing

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Cub, Seconder then Sixer then onto Scouts where I rapidly learned (by observation) that Farts could be lit at the point of exit. Went on to be Patrol Leader before deciding that cycling was a fantastic thing. But the camping and rough house games (Murder Ball - "the rules are - there are no rules") were great stuff. Basically I grew out of it in the end.

My eldest daughter is in the G Guides - Rangers for the older (>15?) ones. She's a young leader for the Brownies too. This year she gets a trip to India with the guides. Nowt like that when I were a lad.

Hugo15

Über Member
I was a cub and then a scout for a couple of years. I enjoyed the cubs more than the scouts. Think one of the best things that I learnt was how to read a map. Also got to have a go in a glider over the North Yorks Moors - now that was awesome.

Blue

Legendary Member
I was in the St Johns Ambulance Assoc.

I did many years of duty at sports events and voluntary nursing in a local hospital. The sports events were great as you got the best seats in the house for free - motorcycle races were my favourite.

Over the years I have been able to help many seriously injured people. It always pleases me to have the skills to help rather than be nothing more than a morbid onlooker when I come across someone in difficulty.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was (politely) asked to leave the cubs, having attended for 2 yrs and not got my bronze arrow (I was only really interested in playing for the footy team). :angry:

Trillian

cubs and scouts

results in me being able to fix anything with gaffa tape, zip ties and string.
cooking using the hob as on or off, a bit like a camp fire
there is a building on a campsite in yorkshire which was built by me and some friends from telegraph poles, logs and rope.
don't seem to be able to get badly lost anywhere,
able to carry whatever I like on my back
prefer being outdoors than stuck inside
don't like city centres.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Fnaar said:
I was (politely) asked to leave the cubs, having attended for 2 yrs and not got my bronze arrow (I was only really interested in playing for the footy team). :laugh:

Join the club Fnaar, I never got my bronze arrow on account I was never able to make a scrapbook about the Royal Family.

Oh how I regret it now:rolleyes::angry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was in the 1st Frien Barnet company of the Boys Brigade. Our captain was was one of the national organisers so we took part in all sorts of sporting and hiking/camping activities around the British Isles. I managed to achieve bronze, silver and gold Duke of Edinburgh awards befroe i was seventeen.
I then ended up marrying a girl from the Girls Brigade, the present MrsP.

Blue said:
I was in the St Johns Ambulance Brigade.

I did many years of duty at sports events and voluntary nursing in a local hospital. The sports events were great as you got the best seats in the house for free - motorcycle races were my favourite.

Over the years I have been able to help many seriously injured people. It always pleases me to have the skills to help rather than be nothing more than a morbid onlooker when I come across someone in difficulty.

All those years and they never taught you the correct name of their organisation?

Top Bottom