SCP blocked for non opt-inners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I can't add to my OP - bumptious waffle and drivel.

Anyway, is there a way to opt out of the thread about opting out of SC&P?
Yeah you just close the door on the way out.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I hope you don't think it's unfair if I suggest that, although being a person of robust character and strong opinions, you typically avoid conflict. That's not wrong, but I would say that for a small woman it's more essential in the pub than it is on here, so it doesn't need to be that way. When people on here say 'you wouldn't say that to my face', they are just acknowledging that the form of interaction deprives them of their ability to silence you by intimidation. Good.
True this. I avoid confrontation on CC because I don't wanna be banned, and because of the time delay: I don't have access to the net at work, my working day can be 12/14 hours, by the time I can make a pertinent comment the discussion has moved on or has been locked.
I also feel that my life experiences are so different from most posters of the SC&P board that it's no point posting on certain topics.
In real life I am not easily silenced :boxing: ^_^

I posted a list of words.
Big deal.
@Pale Rider words are a big deal, you can't ban words!
You don't like those words because you get slapped in the face with them?
Learn more powerful words!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
theclaud abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' she's out there.
giphy.gif

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider words are a big deal, you can't ban words!
You don't like those words because you get slapped in the face with them?
Learn more powerful words!

I thought it obvious I wasn't being entirely serious, but perhaps it wasn't.

Although I don't know anyone who uses those words in real life, and if I did with my cycling group I would probably be banned for rubbish patter.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
True this. I avoid confrontation on CC because I don't wanna be banned, and because of the time delay: I don't have access to the net at work, my working day can be 12/14 hours, by the time I can make a pertinent comment the discussion has moved on or has been locked.
I also feel that my life experiences are so different from most posters of the SC&P board that it's no point posting on certain topics.
I expect most people would find your viewpoint more, not less, interesting for that reason. I know what you mean about the time thing. If you're not around for the quick-fire response, the moment often passes...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I expect most people would find your viewpoint more, not less, interesting for that reason. I know what you mean about the time thing. If you're not around for the quick-fire response, the moment often passes...
Yeah, or someone else gets in first which is really annoying!

Tin Pot

Guru
@Shaun

I was going to post something glib, but it's good that you're looking to sort out SCP. I've seen many forums struggle with this, it's a part of successful forums, and the only one successful had a clear mod policy that wasn't to be debated.

They ended up creating specific rules for that part of the forum, such as flagging a thread as a real discussion so mods would delete out all but formal discussion posts...But the simplest rule is to cut in on the ad hominem attacks as they drive the most argument.

Let the posters themselves deal with the rest of the fallactic arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom