SCP blocked for non opt-inners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The nice thing about our fictional forum counterparts is that they don't have to reproduce all our shortcomings, and are not subject to precisely the same pressures.
This surprises me: not the statement, but the fact that you consider "The Claud" not to be really you. Have you actually made the forum persona up consciously, on purpose, I mean, or did you realize after a few postings?
I like making fiction up, but would never "fictionalize" myself, so to speak, couldn't keep it up, would be weir too on meeting forum members in person.
Anyhow, you are the only regular of SC&P that I enjoy reading.
Others are excellent for info, but one needs to extrapolate that info first.
The Claud's views are at times too extreme for me, but she is never insulting to other members nor dismissing, she is also ironic, not aggressive :smile:

I would like to change this in the future and open it up along the lines of the Cafe so we can stop the whole "us and them" silliness (and I can make a small fortune on banners ads from all the "drama" and buy a small island in the Caribbean ;))
You are onto something there: some internet "fights" are very entertaining, not that I ever followed one on other places without registering ... erm ...several cat forums spring to mind :whistle:

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
This surprises me: not the statement, but the fact that you consider "The Claud" not to be really you. Have you actually made the forum persona up consciously, on purpose, I mean, or did you realize after a few postings?
I like making fiction up, but would never "fictionalize" myself, so to speak, couldn't keep it up, would be weir too on meeting forum members in person.
Anyhow, you are the only regular of SC&P that I enjoy reading.
Others are excellent for info, but one needs to extrapolate that info first.
The Claud's views are at times too extreme for me, but she is never insulting to other members nor dismissing, she is also ironic, not aggressive :smile:

You are onto something there: some internet "fights" are very entertaining, not that I ever followed one on other places without registering ... erm ...several cat forums spring to mind :whistle:
theclaud abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' she's out there.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
The Claud's views are at times too extreme for me, but she is never insulting to other members . . .

Not my experience, when I was (tentatively) descending some b@st@rd of a steep hill in Wales.

I remember something along the lines of . . .

"Pubby, you're a 'bleep', 'bleep' wimp . . . etc., etc." . . . . . . . Which, to be fair, I was.

. . . . . . . , not aggressive :smile:

Apart from when fighting to be served first in a pub.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 4680645, member: 43827"]Incidentally, I always wondered if her username came from a well known pub in Cardiff, given her liking for beer.[/QUOTE]
I think not, could of course be wrong :smile:
Sorry @theclaud the "other place" seems to have spewed up your real name some time ago, I realized but did not impose ^_^

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4680036, member: 43827"]That is always an issue with any form of internet communications. Some people may be nice as pie in person, but put them behind a keyboard on anything contentious and they cannot stop the pathetic flow of snide brain farts.

I do not dislike anyone on this forum as I do not know them, but I dislike the attitudes some display online.[/QUOTE]
Generally I think their attitudes expressed here and their behaviour in person(s) are pretty consistent and congruent.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I would like to suggest a list of banned words and phrases for the brave new world of SC&P.

Each of the following is either bumptious waffle or just drivel.

Mansplaining
False equivalence
Conflating
Substantive
Straw man argument

I'm tempted to add 'alternative facts', but I'm hoping the fad for that one will pass on its own.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The identity of the "usual suspects" surely depends on one's political stance ?

This ^^^ might be broken-down to the 'usual suspects' of the Left and the 'usual suspects' of the Right.
Generally, in SCP banterland, that term is used to describe the same group who are often dismissed as 'Lefties' even though some of them may not be of the Left, politically.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In her favour I think she is frank, forgiving and (I hope) textually perceptive. She tries to be precise. You may disagree. She understands that quite a lot of men do not like women.
One of the things SCP and the usual suspects have done, over the years, is make me realise quite how often that is true, and how often I need to challenge my own unconscious attitudes in the matter.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I can not understand why there has been a 12 page discussion about a web page. Post/don't post who cares? (rhetorical question, I ain't really interested, the irony of typing this message is not lost on me...no really, I am not interested....seriously.).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The odd thing about SC&P, on the few occasions I've ventured in there, as with quite a few of the posts in this thread, is that I can tell that people are arguing, are very angry and don't like each other, but I can't for the life of me figure out what they're arguing about. Even looking at thread titles doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom