SCP blocked for non opt-inners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Yes. There's an egregious blue-and-yellow example. You say it's difficult to moderate, and not having done it I'll have to take your word for that, but everyone who actually discusses anything in SC&P knew what was going on because they were involved in the threads. And yet he was allowed to persist because he exploited the moderators' disdain for the sub-forum.
I think its fair to say that their is more than one example.

I'm not too interested in the scp debate, what I have noticed is the forum is becoming quieter and that those of us with long teeth make more noise in an emptier room. There's less and less, it seems, to read and participate in. I thought perhaps it was just me but the stats seem to back it up

upload_2017-2-13_11-24-1.png

Edit: Please see Shaun's answer to this graph before quoting it

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/scp-blocked-for-non-opt-inners.214066/post-4680366

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You may not, others do.
Which is my point. Whilst one person finds one practice acceptable, the next person does not. I don't feel this behaviour exists in cafe, you do. Yet you feel it doesn't exist in sc&p ...I do.

Clearly we all see this from our own perspective and cannot...must not assume that this perspective is universal.

We should all take a look at our own behaviour.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'm not too interested in the scp debate, what I have noticed is the forum is becoming quieter and that those of us with long teeth make more noise in an emptier room. There's less and less, it seems, to read and participate in. I thought perhaps it was just me but the stats seem to back it up

View attachment 337445
A perfect example of the problem. You are not interested in the debate but are complaining of its effects

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Which is my point. Whilst one person finds one practice acceptable, the next person does not. I don't feel this behaviour exists in cafe, you do. Yet you feel it doesn't exist in sc&p ...I do.

Clearly we all see this from our own perspective and cannot...must not assume that this perspective is universal.

We should all take a look at our own behaviour.

Well go on then. Saying you should do something is not the same as doing it.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Maybe it's not an effect of this debate, but an effect of something else?
And maybe its not.

Big Andy

Über Member
looking at the original point of this thread and making a certain area opt-in. Surely all the areas are opt-in anyway? Nobody is forced to read anything or post, (although I do appreciate some can't help themselves ;) )

There seems to have been a lot of "tackling the man" instead of the ball just recently which really doesn't help. We should take a bit of time to decide whether our posts actually add to the discussion before hitting the post reply button.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You first
Right - you didn't mean it then...

theclaud has plenty of faults, which I've had occasion to acknowledge before (the periodic hand-wringing about SC&P is not a new thing, after all). She is combative; she can be condescending; she shoots from the hip; she enjoys the odd in-joke; she sometimes takes an ignoble pleasure in the discomfiture of others, especially if it is headed flounceward. In her favour I think she is frank, forgiving and (I hope) textually perceptive. She tries to be precise. You may disagree. She understands that quite a lot of men do not like women, fictionalized or otherwise, who notice things and answer back. The nice thing about our fictional forum counterparts is that they don't have to reproduce all our shortcomings, and are not subject to precisely the same pressures.

Over to you. I'm happy to offer an analysis if you won't.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

View attachment 337445
Good gracious, that seems quite a tumble in figures. I wonder if there's a correlation to anything specifically.

Good gracious, that seems quite a tumble in figures. I wonder if there's a correlation to anything specifically.
Could be anything from the way it's indexed to another external effect, I was hoping Shaun might offer a clue. Does sorta co-incide with Brexit as per swl's post. I would hate cc to be a victim of Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom