Screamer = Broken wing-mirror = face-kicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Ow, that sounds painfull, I learnt not to damage peoples cars years ago, when I very nearly got a kicking for it too, now I find talking to them a lot more productive or screaming abuse if I am worked up, I have seen off a few people in this way.

If any one is caught in a situation were you are out numbered and are in for a kicking then you have to roll up in to a ball and wrap your arms around your head, keep your legs firmly together and pull your knees up to your chest, that way they can't get you in any of the really soft parts! I saw a guy do this once in a fight outside a night club, then once his attackers had all finished he got up and wacked one of them hard on the nose!!! Blood went everywhere.

Yes, I had some chav-y children on bicycle shaped objects shouting abuse at me, questioning my parentage and the weird shape of my bike (drop bar, Halfords sourced racer) while they cycled along side me. I just accelerated until they couldn't keep up, even with a clear pavement as I dealing with the traffic on the A3. They looked somewhat surprised when I looked back over my shoulder at them.

Jeez, worst nightmare, one of those red mist moments will probably do for me one day too. If you see the car again report them, criminal damage versus GBH. Have you considered the Police for this? In the meantime, take it easy and don't let it alter your perspective on things.

Wot about the bike? :ohmy:

User3143 said:
Good, you got what you deserved. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You think. A broken wing mirror, after being provoked, versus a kicking from three goons, I wouldn't like to live in your world.

al78

Guru
User3143 said:
Make a mistake and get your car damaged WTF?

It was not a mistake it was deliberate intimidation. Imagine if the OP had lost control as a result and gone under the wheels of another vehicle.

It was that deliberate, malicious act that caused him to lose it, so please don't try to imply that the damage to the car was unprovoked, although I don't think he should have done that.

Read the OP Lee, they didn't make a mistake.

"I was cycling along, 22mph, tucked in, dark, when some oiks came in too close, too fast and too leary and screamed out of the car. Naturally it made me jump. The jump made me wobble. The wobble took me into the kerb."

I don't know what you're angry about but this thread is not your personal springboard to release some of it. Now calm down and try a considered response.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
User3143 said:
Deliberate intimidation=mistake

Wrong!

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

Firstly, I'm not complaining about getting a kicking. Secondly, I accept I shouldn't have retaliated with violence against their car.

But I will tell you where your world and mine definitately differs. You think they made mistake when the driver came within inches of me at high speed so his mates could scream out of the window with the likelihood that I would come off. I think it was intentional.

User3143 said:
What I'm angry about is the fact that the OP has deliberately caused some damage to another persons car, when the provocation caused by the chavs didn't merit that level of damage imo.

He posts this story and then has the gusto to say that there is 'no moral to the story':laugh: What a load of bollox.

If you can't control your anger then don't go out riding - simple.

Or in fact go on the internet and post or are you practising for the World 'argument in an empty room' championships.

Garilla, in fact no one, is offering a justification.

"F*ckers. I know I shouldn't have damaged the car, but sometime these people make me so angry. This time the red mist was stronger than anything else."

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
User3143 said:
Bollox, if the OP thinks he can get away with ripping a wing mirror off then I wouldn't like to live in his 'world'. Some people on here make me laugh get all sanctomonious on their stupid f***ing high horses slaying the car driver and asking if Gaz is alright when the idiot ripped off the wing mirror. I'm glad people of Gaz's mentality are not out on the road, I really am what a nasty place it would be. Make a mistake and get your car damaged WTF?

You go on about how a wing mirror being ripped off is compared to getting a kick in Crackle, but how the hell do you compare a couple of chavs driving a car like a couple of knobs to the OP then causing criminal damage and ripping the wing mirror off. My 'world', you go on about my 'world', at least I'm not up there in the clouds.

The car injured someone else and left the scene of the accident. Occupants then assaulted them. They should be doing time for whatever was done in response, it's as simple as.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User3143 said:
That's bollox, if a car comes close to you like that and you wobble and almost come off, this just shows you have no control over your bike.

Blazed, stop it

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
User3143 said:
er, right.

You think it was a mistake that someone passed close enough for his makes to shout out the window and take a cyclist by surprise so that they had a wobble.
I don't think you should be commenting on someone else's 'world' when your's isn't exactly squeaky clean.