Seagull down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matiz

Guru
We've got seagulls nesting on the roofs
ripping all the rubbish bags open sh!tting on all the cars and when the chicks hatch they turn psycho when you go outside and still the holidaymakers feed them despite the signs forbidding it all over town apart from that I don't mind them at all.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Last week I was in town on some errands and called in at the butcher's for one of their splendid s&k pies for lunch. Went down to the seafront to sit and eat it, but the moment I opened the wrapper there was a large flock of gulls hovering around above me...

I had to save the pie until I got home, by which time it was cold. Chiz!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'll be riding past the spot where we left the gull, later today.. I'm curious as to whether it'll still be there and will it have been partly eaten by some other critter. In this heat it'll soon be attracting the attention of creepy crawlies.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's odd, because you have often said how squeamish you are.
Looking from a distance,not right up to it/them. Squeamish about what?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You can gaze upon a rotting seagull corpse, but you couldn't stay to see your own daughter born. That sort of thing?
The gull won't be rotting yet and i wouldn't say not wanting to watch childbirth is abnormal. I bet many who do watch their child being born do so out of pressure from relatives rather than through choice.

Seagulls are pest. If you lived by the seaside, like me, you would hate them. There are thousands of them and they will steal your food from your hand if you turn your back of them.

Hmmm, seagulls have been coastal residents for probably millions of years (in one form or another).

Man has only been there a few hundred years (the type of man who would complain about the noise, that is).

And you have even emigrated from one country to another, fully aware that you would be sharing the same habitat, and are surprised that they make bird sounds!

postman

Legendary Member
Off topic but Geese,i went to Saltaire last week on the tow path.On my arrival i sat at the first bench to have an orange and a banana.I was surrounded by a pack of them,one of them even pinched the skin,but soon dropped it.But what got me was the shoot tons of it all over the pavement.Filthy caked in slimy runny green shoot.Not a fan of Geese.

Top Bottom