Sealskinz gloves/clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stuee147

stuee147

Neoprene, neoprene, neoprene. Neoprene, neoprene, neoprene.
Neoprene, neoprene, neoprene. Neoprene, neoprene, neoprene.

so would you recommend Neoprene by any chance :wacko: lol
are Neoprene not quite snug fitting ???? i cant wear anything to tight due to nerve damage in one of my hands

Chappy

Guru
The socks do what it says on the tin, I.e. They are waterproof. However that means that they are hot. If you have cold feet, great. If, like me, you have hot feet, they are too hot and get sweaty inside.

Your choice.

+1 for the socks got a couple of pairs use them all the time when hiking.

so would you recommend Neoprene by any chance :wacko: lol
are Neoprene not quite snug fitting ???? i cant wear anything to tight due to nerve damage in one of my hands

They are quite tight fitting but not tight, if that makes sense; they don't seem to restrict/constrict in the same way as other materials do. I have nerve damage in one of my hands (probably both to be honest but I think the other is only minimal and I don't notice it as much as the other which can be quite severe at times, as well as being very sensitive to the cold, and neoprene gloves are the only thing that comes near to keeping my hands warm.

I suppose it depends on your own circumstances tho; maybe try them on and see how they feel?

OP
OP
stuee147

stuee147

They are quite tight fitting but not tight, if that makes sense; they don't seem to restrict/constrict in the same way as other materials do. I have nerve damage in one of my hands (probably both to be honest but I think the other is only minimal and I don't notice it as much as the other which can be quite severe at times, as well as being very sensitive to the cold, and neoprene gloves are the only thing that comes near to keeping my hands warm.

I suppose it depends on your own circumstances tho; maybe try them on and see how they feel?
yea i have the same problem with my left hand if it gets cold which i can do very quick it gets quite painful and if i have tight gloves again it can be quite painful wearing them. ill have to take a trip out and try some neoprene see how it feels

OP
OP
stuee147

stuee147

I found the same thing. But I have found a use for my Sealskinz socks - once it has stopped raining, and my shoes are soaking wet, the waterproof socks stop the damp seeping inwards and my feet stay toasty warm :smile:.

I had Sealskinz gloves for a while, but they made my hands unbearably cold.
i like the idea with the socks i tend to use a plastic bag over my socks then slip my shoes on dose the same thing but a lot cheaper than the socks lol

i starting to see a trend here sealskinz seem to be an ok product but they are over priced and not really worth it.

im glad i asked on here or i could of wasted my money thanks guys and keep the suggestions up :thumbsup:

stuee

DRHysted

Guru
Love the gloves, I have a set of 3 star, and 4 star all weather gloves, and for when it drops below 0 5 star lobster. Got a pair of socks used them twice, hated them and left them in the back of the wardrobe.
I think it comes down to personal taste, what works for one person, won't for everyone.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I bought some Sealskinz All Weather gloves and although they are reasonably warm being waterproof, or so they claim, they get quite sweaty and difficult to remove. Then they are damp and hard to get back on. Next winter I'll go for some windproof gloves instead I think.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have Sealskinz socks and couldn't tell any difference from ordinary socks in cold weather.

If anything, the Sealskinz made my feet sweatier.

Suffice to say, I think Sealskinz socks are garbage.

What annoys me is not so much that they are useless, but all the boasting on the packet and the premium price.

For a couple of quid they would be worth a try, but £25 is way over the top.

D

Deleted member 22722

I've tried numerous pairs of SealSkinz gloves. They look great but I found that in order to find a pair that kept you warm in the coldest of winters you'd have to go for the bulkier type. I didn't like these too much as I feel you lose a lot of mobility & feeling due to the thickness.

Once I'd tried the SealSkinz Ultra Grip gloves though I was really impressed. These have got me through the last 2 winters in sub zero temperatures and I've never felt the cold once. They are great in the wet too and although will eventually let some water through your hands remain warm, as with neoprene gloves.

They feel close fitting without being restrictive. They hold their shape well, provide good grip and seem to wear well. In fact I like them so much that I'll probably end up replacing them for another pair when the time comes.

Great value for money. I have them in the Black as I find the Yellow just too bright. Great if you like to be lit up on your commute though. Ideal for temperatures below about 8 degrees. Any warmer than that though and they're probably too hot.

Cold

I have the Ultra grip gloves which I think are brilliant wear them all through the winter on my commute also have the waterproof socks and they keep my feet dry.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can't fault the Sealskinz socks.
Keep my feet nice and dry and very warm, even in the wettest weather.

Some people get on well with them, others don't and complain about water ingress.
I have never had a problem with that whilst wearing them.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I am a fan of Sealskinz socks as well. Combined with a pair of overshoes they have kept my feet warm and dry right throughout the winter. They are bloody expensive though.

Top Bottom