Search function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Cant just be me that finds it worse than a man short.
I don't think I have ever found a single thread that I have looked for through the search function on this site!
The question is why do I keep using the bloody thing :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just did a search for all posts by @Eddy mentioning the word 'Search' and it found this thread straight away! :laugh:

Katherine

Guru
What are you trying to find? Can you refine your search criteria?
Do you know which section you need ? - if so, go to the section before you search. If not, make sure you are not in a section, but are looking at the whole forum.
Do you know any key words in the title ? If so, check the title box.

OP
OP
U

User6179

What are you trying to find? Can you refine your search criteria?
Do you know which section you need ? - if so, go to the section before you search. If not, make sure you are not in a section, but are looking at the whole forum.
Do you know any key words in the title ? If so, check the title box.

I do all that, here is an example, saw a bargain on the bargain thread the other day with a code, so type in bargain and search thread titles only
Try that and see.

Katherine

Guru
I do all that, here is an example, saw a bargain on the bargain thread the other day with a code, so type in bargain and search thread titles only
Try that and see.
I got several examples of the found a bargain thread .
If you go to the Shopping, services, offers and reviews section, it is a stickied thread, 3rd from the top.

Katherine

Guru
Also, check the 'watch thread' button at the top of the thread, on any thread that you are interested in. Then you can find it in your own 'watched threads' button at the top of any page.

OP
OP
U

User6179

I got several examples of the found a bargain thread .
If you go to the Shopping, services, offers and reviews section, it is a stickied thread, 3rd from the top.

I Can find everything I want on cycle chat from google quite easily, I am just commenting on the fact I always try the search on here first and always fail to find what am looking for.^_^

OP
OP
U

User6179

Anything on ignore won't show in results.

I only ignore people that write in coloured font:biggrin:

OP
OP
U

User6179

I think it rocks. eg https://www.cyclechat.net/search/12135597/?q="man+short"&o=date

(Actually I don't. I just use google with a site:cyclechat.net qualifier if I'm looking for something eg
https://www.google.com/search?q="man+short"+site:cyclechat.net

Edited to change font colour ;)

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you change the font back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you change the font back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you
It was all going so well until the last 4 words

Top Bottom