Season of Mists 2011 (Hilly 100km audax from Hebden Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi gang - Season of Mists is coming up again, on Sunday 2nd October!

I started last year's event with Alun and battered but we abandoned our ride early on due to monsoon-like conditions. All the other times that I've ridden SoM, the weather has been very kind to me. I'm hoping we get the sun again this time!

For those of you who don't know the event, it is a 100 km ride from Hebden Bridge to the Forest of Bowland and back with about 2,500 of steep ascents and descents. Apart from a couple of quick trips through Burnley and Nelson, the rest of the route is very scenic. A big spread is always laid on at event HQ afterwards for hungry riders to refuel on.

I will be riding around at a slow pace and will be happy to get back in 7.5 - 8.0 hours. (The cut-off is 8.5 hours.) We usually form two groups - a fast one, and a slow group including me.

So, who plans to have a go this year? If you would like some CycleChat members for company, post below. :thumbsup:

Entered - just hoping for good weather :thumbsup:

tubbycyclist

Entered for this one. Would like to get round without any walking this year - usually defeated by the 200 metres of steep stuff on the way up to Widdop on the return leg.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
So has this thread died

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oops, having started the thread, I got a bit distracted and forgot to sign up for the ride! :blush:

I'll enter using PayPal on Monday.

I'm feeling less apprehensive about the event after last Sunday's forum ride when I felt a bit of oomph returning to my legs for the first time in nearly a year!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well I am glad someone does I have only done 30 miles in the last 2 and a half months and that was on monday and my legs felt like lead on the route I normally fly round.

I will get try to get some rides in during the next week as the weather is looking very good for the next week and I will decide if I am going to do this ride depending on a) how I feel and b) what the weather does on the day.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
gunna see how i fare commuting next week and going to the show on friday returning sunday. if they don't cause me any concern i'll enter the following week.

Top Bottom