Season of Mists 2011 (Hilly 100km audax from Hebden Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Okay - you tell us what the Cycle Show was like and we'll tell you what Seasons of Mists was like before you do the re-run a week after us! ;)

oops, didn't spot the dates..... :blush:

zacklaws

Guru
Don't know if I can make Season of the Mists this year, I have no bike suitable for it, my best one is broke and I'm waiting for a new frame replacement, in theory I should get it this week but I will have to wait and see and enter on the day if possible.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So how many people are actually thinking of turning up for this one ?
I don't know how many CycleChatters will turn up, but there are usually about 100 riders on the day, and probably an extra 20 or 30 if the day turns out sunny. I think that there were over 50 last year even though the weather conditions were horrendous!

Actually, there does seem to be less interest than previous years ... Come on you CycleChatters - are you up for it?

(If I can drag my lardy carcass over those hills, then surely you can manage to tackle the ride? ;))

zacklaws

Guru
And my bad luck continues, ripped off my rear mech on top of a hill today when I had a malfunction on the club ride, along with a couple of spokes, so out of 4 bikes, I now have only one left on the road which is just my MTB for commuting in winter, so I think Season of the Mists is out for me this year even if I get my best bike back now as I'm going to be a bit short of cash with new parts to buy and repair bills.

potsy

Rambler
After riding 52 miles today on the relative flat roads of Cheshire, I have no intention of spoiling it and riding up those sodding hills ever again
biggrin.gif

Svendo

Guru
Hi guys, finally a ride coincides with a weekend off and no other obligations! Entered online just now. Fingers crossed, early forecasts are for much nicer weather than last year. I made it round the whole route then, and had to negotiate the flooded calder valley to get home. Passed the obligatory man in child's dingy paddling in the flooded road for the local TV cameras, as well as the several tons of hardcore washed down from Allescholes road onto Halifax Road.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi guys, finally a ride coincides with a weekend off and no other obligations! Entered online just now. Fingers crossed, early forecasts are for much nicer weather than last year. I made it round the whole route then, and had to negotiate the flooded calder valley to get home. Passed the obligatory man in child's dingy paddling in the flooded road for the local TV cameras, as well as the several tons of hardcore washed down from Allescholes road onto Halifax Road.
Yes, we were very impressed with your dedication last year! Alun, battered and I were content to dry off at HQ, watch broken trees getting swept downstream, and make a head start on the feast that we hadn't worked so hard for! :whistle:

colly

Re member eR
I would really like to be along...................BUT................other stuff to do and I have just this minute been reminded about it in no uncertain manner by my better half.

Top Bottom