Season of Mists 2011 (Hilly 100km audax from Hebden Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Anyone cycling over from Manchester ? I really havent got the mojo at the moment though a company ride to the start from Manchester would swing it.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anyone cycling over from Manchester ? I really havent got the mojo at the moment though a company ride to the start from Manchester would swing it.
Sorry, I'm already here at the start! (Well, not far from it.)

I've been suffering from lost cycling mojo for nearly 2 years now. Only forum rides and the odd audax have really kept me riding.

As a mojo booster - if you are not familiar with the route, I can highly recommend it! Apart from a few kms out through Burnley, and a few back through Nelson, the rest of it is over lovely scenic roads.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi Colin. Ive just done enough audax this year. I think Im on my 20th 200km this year with audax and getting fed up with seeing Hebden Bridge on the bike lol. Maybe I should move there ? It s not only that Im chasing distance points not AAA this season:-D

Saying that Ive still managed to accumalate nearly 30 AAA points somehow ?

Im doing Fleet Moss 200km from Todmorden on Wednesday or Thursday so its no loss, It would have been nice to see old freinds though :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm sitting around with my windows open at 08:00 on October 2nd, in shorts and short sleeves and I'm actually sweating! What a contrast to the usual SoM temperatures. I'd normally have leg and arm warmers and a jacket on and still feel very chilled for the first hour or so.

Hi Colin. Ive just done enough audax this year. I think Im on my 20th 200km this year with audax and getting fed up with seeing Hebden Bridge on the bike lol. Maybe I should move there ? It s not only that Im chasing distance points not AAA this season:-D

Saying that Ive still managed to accumalate nearly 30 AAA points somehow ?
Good going!

Im doing Fleet Moss 200km from Todmorden on Wednesday or Thursday so its no loss, It would have been nice to see old freinds though :smile:
I rode The Other Fleet Moss comfortably in 10 hours in 2006; how far my fitness has fallen since then - I'm only averaging about 12.5 kph these days! Must try harder next year... :sad:

zacklaws

Guru
Have a good ride everyone, at least its going to be dry compared to last year. I never got my frame replacement, and a 15% hill kills me on my only bike I have on the road at the moment so SOM would have been a nightmare with plenty of walking, always next year.

potsy

Rambler
Is the slow train back yet? :hello:

tubbycyclist

I am sure that was lumpier than last time. Ended up riding much of it solo. Saw a few others from here at controls but lost touch with Colin and Alan after missing the first info control.

I did not have that much time in hand but I think they were behind me. Not the glorious sun fest but still very warm..and wet.

A cracking route but relentlessly hilly.

Great fun, could do without the ride from sunny cleckheaton and back though. Very little fodder left by the time I got into Hebden Bridge, and the buggers had eaten all the cake at the last check point as well :angry:

As said wet and warm and managed to lose Colin on the first hill somehow :wacko:

Glad my knee held out and only ended of walking for couple of hundred yards after some bleeding ramblers walking four abreast forced me to stop on the steepest bit :angry::angry: Oh and the last bit of the hill after Cadwell, christ that is steep :ohmy:

see you on the next one ... probably

Hills

DSC02051.jpg

and more hills

DSC02050.jpg

Alun

Guru
Well done tc :thumbsup:

Think Colin and Alun must still be eating Svendo's share of the buffet.

Got back at 17.35, buffet all packed away! Only Colin's powers of persuasion and me looking like I was going to fall over got a cup of tea and some cakes.

Beaker39

I think I prefer this route to SITTD. It was a generally good ride yesterday that was until I bit the tarmac on an incredibly smooth, wet and diesel ridden patch on a 90 deg bend at the bottom of a fast hill. Thought I had managed to miss it as I rounded the bend but then just caught another bit with my front wheel and that was it. I was down sliding along the road and into the grass on the side.

So I now need a new pedals, new bar tape, new bib shorts and some new skin for my thigh, calf and elbow :sad:

Not a happy bunny especially as didn't get much sleep and everything is a bit oooozing now. Could have been worse I suppose.

Top Bottom