Season of Mists 2011 (Hilly 100km audax from Hebden Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it just me and you then Colin? (Apart from the hundreds of others)
Oh, let me use my valuable time trawling back through the thread for you then ... :whistle:

Okay, we have:
  • ColinJ
  • Alun
  • oldfatfool
  • tubbycyclist
  • Beaker39
  • Svendo
No doubt Svendo will say hi at the start but then drop us within 50 yards, and ride off into the distance, never to be seen again!

Who knows about Beaker39? (Join us if you fancy a slow ride, Beaker.)

I imagine that off and tc will probably join us unless they are in a hurry for some reason?

Alun

Guru
Oh, let me use my valuable time trawling back through the thread for you then ... :whistle:

Okay, we have:
  • ColinJ
  • Alun
  • oldfatfool
  • tubbycyclist
  • Beaker39
  • Svendo
No doubt Svendo will say hi at the start but then drop us within 50 yards, and ride off into the distance, never to be seen again!

I imagine that off and tc will probably join us unless they are in a hurry for some reason?

You're a gent, sir :rolleyes:

zacklaws

Guru
Well I've got one bike back on the road but its not suitable for SOM, but the bill was not so high, In theory I should get my best one back this week as I was told 10 to 14 days for the frame to come from Germany, and that time was up today, so if the shop can rebuild it by the weekend, there may now be a chance of me making SOM, but I am not holding my breath. I could ring the shop for an update but I do not like badgering people. I'll get it when its done is my policy.

Beaker39

Okay, we have:
  • ColinJ
  • Alun
  • oldfatfool
  • tubbycyclist
  • Beaker39
  • Svendo

TBH I would probably love to just have a trudle round but I am riding with a couple of club mates who appear to be intent on trying to kill me by bike!!

It would be nice to say hello on the day though so I will try to look out for you at the start (I will be in my blue and yellow club shirt) :hello:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

TBH I would probably love to just have a trudle round but I am riding with a couple of club mates who appear to be intent on trying to kill me by bike!!

It would be nice to say hello on the day though so I will try to look out for you at the start (I will be in my blue and yellow club shirt) :hello:
If one of them is andy_wrx, he'll know which big fat guy to look out for! ;)

(If not, watch out for the blue Basso Viper with a white saddle and a yellow plastic dragon horn on the handlebars! :whistle:)

Attachments

• twin Bassos.jpg
    twin Bassos.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 68
No hurry from me, will be a pleasure to meander round with you guys, that and my knee is still playing up, excuses already eh :whistle::whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It looks like it might be a bit cooler tomorrow which suits me! It also looks like we slow riders might catch some rain in the last 25 km or so. Again, that's better than being cooked alive and eaten by bugs!

I'm desperately trying to replace my bottom bracket but my crank puller still eludes me. There's a chance that a pal will lend me one but he doesn't get home to look for his until 19:00. I should have gone down the LBS earlier but I was convinced that I'd find the tool if I had a good look for it. No joy ... :wacko:

tubbycyclist

Colin ..is it any type in particular? I have a square taper puller and hollowtech star nut extractor if it is either of those. You are welcome to pop up and borrow either if you need tools

Svendo

Guru
Entered online Tuesday;
Wednesday feel snuffly, but go for ride anyway;
Thursday full on snot attack, just in time for the best weather of the summer!

On the mend now, but still not feeling up to 62 miles hilly riding+ travel distance.
So in effect I've made a healthy donation to the buffet so make sure you all get my share!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Colin ..is it any type in particular? I have a square taper puller and hollowtech star nut extractor if it is either of those. You are welcome to pop up and borrow either if you need tools
Thanks tc, but my aforementioned pal discovered that he actually had 4 crank pullers (!) and dropped 2 off earlier. Good job he left 2 because the first one had a damaged thread, but the second one was fine. I'll be giving the bike a good fettle after I log out of CC.

Entered online Tuesday;
Wednesday feel snuffly, but go for ride anyway;
Thursday full on snot attack, just in time for the best weather of the summer!

On the mend now, but still not feeling up to 62 miles hilly riding+ travel distance.
So in effect I've made a healthy donation to the buffet so make sure you all get my share!
Get well soon, and we'll eat your share for you - cheers! :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
The way this cold is going around you will be eating a lot of peoples shares :laugh:

Colin's the man for the job :whistle:

Good luck to all those taking part tomorrow, wish I could be there struggling up those hills, I really do, but I will be doing a flat trail ride instead, 20-30 miles with nary a hill in sight :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well, the new bottom bracket is in! The old one seemed to have shed all its grease into the bottom bracket shell. The new cartridge feels so smoooooooooooth in comparison to the old one - it should be a much nicer bike to ride now.

Colin's the man for the job :whistle:
I hear and obey, master! :tongue:

Only trouble is - the fast gannets cherry-pick the food tables before we slow coaches get there! (There has always been enough left over to keep me happy, but I've seen what the tables are like earlier on. Last year. Alun, battered and I abandoned and got back to HQ before the food was even available and eventually watched it being laid out!)

Top Bottom