Seat estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
Well last week my 7 year old golf was deemed a total loss after the HGV changed lanes into mine claiming I was in his blind spot. So a no fault accident for me and no injuries.
Anyway was wondering on thoughts on Seat Leon Estates. I also see the diesels are quite a bit cheaper but are people buying diesels anymore?
Thanks

gbb

Legendary Member
I watched a motoring journalist on a youtube channel stating a Golf, Leon and Octavia are mechanically basically the same car under the skin (ive no idea if this is technically true but wouldnt be surprised)
Diesel, petrol ? Who knows, the kicker will come if and when the government up taxes on them to drive them slowly...or quickly off the roads.

Gunk

Guru
I watched a motoring journalist on a youtube channel stating a Golf, Leon and Octavia are mechanically basically the same car under the skin (ive no idea if this is technically true but wouldnt be surprised)
Diesel, petrol ? Who knows, the kicker will come if and when the government up taxes on them to drive them slowly...or quickly off the roads.

You are right they are all based on the same MQB platform, and essentially the same drivetrain

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
Well having owned (until they cart it away on Thursday...sniff) I want similar but without the premium price. An an estate for the bike.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Skoda Octavia 2004 estate as sweeper/ sleeper waggon on bike tours. Great bus for bikes. Petrol here - spends but very swift. Old machine on Its second engine but incredibly capable. Will go all day without missing a beat. Unless it misses a beat, and then it’s speedy again to repair majors but serviceable parts are cheap and good quality

vickster

Legendary Member
@Richard A Thackeray has an Octavia estate. I have a 2012 VRS Fabia estate, so smaller but no issue getting a bike in the back without wheels off, seats down obviously.
I’d never have a stinky diesel, but I do about 4K miles a year if that :laugh:

@vickster

Had....
Owned from March 2012, till the end of May this year
1.6TDi (remapped about 4 years ago)

KN11 RPZ. Remap,.JPG

Spot on machine, the only car I've ever regretted selling, or not wanted to (I'm not including my previous Land Rovers in that statement)

Yes,, it's a fair old space inside. Granted not as big as some of the Volvos, or maybe the later Mondeos

Reliable, mine let me down twice in 9 years, first was a faulty bluetooth module that drained the battery (to the extent that instrument panel lights wouldn't illuminate), the second was a split clutch master cylinder

Cheap to run (I'd get upset at a less than 55-60MPG average on fill-up) cheap to insure (for me, at this location. at least), VED was £30
40.000 miles (to 3mm, my self-imposed change limits) out of my chosen brand of tyres; not bad for a remapped FWD turbo-diesel

Buy One!!

Last edited:
My work colleague has a seat Leon estate and it runs like a pig rather than a stallion because of the weight but she only has the small engine power version (1.6). The 1.9/2.00 would be a better shout.

Jody

Stubborn git
Well having owned (until they cart it away on Thursday...sniff) I want similar but without the premium price. An an estate for the bike.

Octavia estate. The interior finish and materials used have a slightly better feel than the Seat. But as Dan Bo points out they're all pretty similar.

vickster

Legendary Member
As said, it’s essentially the same car. So just seek out the spec you want and test drive :okay:

Cerdic

At work, I've driven thousands of all these over the years. Golf, Leon, and Octavia are the same car. Golf has posher interior, higher price, and more appeal to badge snobs. Octavia nicer interior than Leon and more space. Leon is marketed as the 'sporty' option.

Pick whichever attributes are more appealing to you and go for that one!

Top Bottom