Seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manonabike

Über Member
I need a seat post for my new project and I don't know what to look for, other than it must be 26.8mm - 27.00mm, in the shape of an inverted 'L' instead of 'I', micro adjustable and black. Under those constrains I can find seat posts from £200+ to as little as £10

Any advise?

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Out of stock at the moment but this is over 10x cheaper does it have enough set back?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
In addition is there a minimum length requirement? You should plan to have between 3" to 4" of minimum insertion.

Is weight a consideration? They can be anything from around 120g to 500g, ones around 200g are still available at a reasonable price.

They are usually alloy or carbon. I would not recommend any secondhand carbon, and would avoid even if new personally - it is just not worth the attention (e.g. re clamping requirement and accidental damage) and potential worries.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
In addition is there a minimum length requirement? You should plan to have between 3" to 4" of minimum insertion.

Is weight a consideration? They can be anything from around 120g to 500g, ones around 200g are still available at a reasonable price.

They are usually alloy or carbon. I would not recommend any secondhand carbon, and would avoid even if new personally - it is just not worth the attention (e.g. re clamping requirement and accidental damage) and potential worries.

Good point, I need it to be about 3" to 5" max above the frame.

I don't think I can afford a carbon seat post and I would not buy a second hand one :biggrin:

Top Bottom