Seat posts on Ti’s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
You’ll also need a pair of Ti bottle cages :becool:

Venod

Eh up
Before fitting the post, make sure everything is spotless, use anti scuffing paste or grease.
I have seen some serious picking up with ti on ti fits, mostly pumps shafts and sleeves, the only way to resolve it sometimes, was to cut the sleeve off.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I've still got a Carbon post on the Lynskey.I can't seem to find a nice looking Ti seat-post..they all look a bit plain and no different to a silver allu post:rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
the Van Nicholas posts are a work of art
Indeed...but not just the seatposts
Van Nich.jpg

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
the Van Nicholas posts are a work of art
Mmmmmm..........
I do quite like the lay-back :whistle::whistle:

Gunk

Guru
All this talk about Ti has made me drag my Van Nic out of the garage, pop the panniers on, pump up the tyres and run my errands this morning on the bike rather than take the car.

glad I did ^_^

I now need to get it on a stand, take the wheels off and give it a deep clean, it’s looking a bit neglected

How is not fastened well? It’s a Kryponite Gold standard lock securing the frame to a solid stainless steel hoop.
Wheels are both vulnerable. Loads of space inside the lock for leverage. I'd be making it a bit harder for thieves. It's a lovely bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
I often leave my Ti bike locked up, usually in high traffic areas, locked through the back wheel if possible but not always. Here she is the other night, I’d left her for about half an hour while I had coffee in Wimbledon

Attachments

• F56FB7DB-4BE3-4978-81B6-05C48B330627.jpeg
    F56FB7DB-4BE3-4978-81B6-05C48B330627.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom