Second hand bike problems!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

Weejacko

Update! Well I managed a 20mile ride yesterday with my rather well maintained. Chain, and everything went well!

My first ride outside of my commute and had no idea where I was going

RichardB

Slightly retro
I have the Halfords toolkit, and it's pretty good. It has all the basic stuff and is decent quality. I have supplemented with block removers etc as needed and it has saved me a lot of money. I do have a good auto toolkit built up over about 50 years of tool acquisition, so I only need the Halfords kit to supplement what I already have, but I am glad I got it.

It's similar to this one, cost me about £30 but they are now £35.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...halfords-essentials-25pc-tool-kit-171961.html

OP
OP
W

Weejacko

I have the Halfords toolkit, and it's pretty good. It has all the basic stuff and is decent quality. I have supplemented with block removers etc as needed and it has saved me a lot of money. I do have a good auto toolkit built up over about 50 years of tool acquisition, so I only need the Halfords kit to supplement what I already have, but I am glad I got it.

It's similar to this one, cost me about £30 but they are now £35.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...halfords-essentials-25pc-tool-kit-171961.html
For Christmas I requested (and received) a mini toolkit for punctures and other small things, and a mini pump, and I hope I never need them but I now have them!

Not sure where it was from but Its pretty elaborate little kit!

Lovacott

Über Member
I have the Halfords toolkit, and it's pretty good. It has all the basic stuff and is decent quality.

I wanted to buy that one during the first lockdown but my local Halfords was out of stock. I ended up buying the chain splitter, bottom bracket tool, crank remover, cone spanners and freewheel tool as separate items and they cost more than the full kit.

Top Bottom