Secret jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Am I the only one who always fancied doing a particular job but never got around to it or discovered you might be too old to start again? I have always fancied the perfect environmental camp site but could never afford the land, my own shop selling stuff I liked that if you knew about it you became a lifelong customer (bit pie in the sky that one). It would be a bike shop meets music shop meets what else might be interesting kind of thing. Lastly, a skilled carpenter.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Second hand bookshop exactly like Barter Books in Alnwick- pity they got there first.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Am I the only one who always fancied doing a particular job but never got around to it or discovered you might be too old to start again? I have always fancied the perfect environmental camp site but could never afford the land, my own shop selling stuff I liked that if you knew about it you became a lifelong customer (bit pie in the sky that one). It would be a bike shop meets music shop meets what else might be interesting kind of thing. Lastly, a skilled carpenter.
I went to college for 2 years full time (35hrs a week) to train as a Cabinet Maker after working in Brass Foundries where a few restorers would commission a set of new handles for furniture or 'Spandrels' for 'Long Case' clocks,

1614175171895.png

If you had one then I could replicate it to make a new set that looked original

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I had just such a daydream the other day. A Cafe/shop in the middle of a forest. A few workers to cut and mill timber, I would have a workshop within the Cafe to make stuff and sell. I would design and oversee the menu. Music playing all the time, the odd live band, fmailies welcome (kids can play in a separate room), pool/darts/quiet room for chess/ licensed bar. Punters could pay a tenner each and use the facilities all day and late into the night, and would buy my food and drink

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Forester.
In the open air, minding my own business. Ideally on my own land which would be also be available for courses on woodcraft skills.

Top Bottom