Secret jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I always fancied being a gigolo, never managed it ;)
My career as a gigolo faltered, because i gave away too many freebies.

classic33

Leg End Member
I always fancied being an assassin.

In between paid jobs I'd take out those people on my private list*.

*It gets longer by the day!
Indeed are hiring, full time okay?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Am I the only one who always fancied doing a particular job but never got around to it or discovered you might be too old to start again? I have always fancied the perfect environmental camp site but could never afford the land, my own shop selling stuff I liked that if you knew about it you became a lifelong customer (bit pie in the sky that one). It would be a bike shop meets music shop meets what else might be interesting kind of thing. Lastly, a skilled carpenter.

When I was younger, I used to dream of having my own little farm, to make a living from, with productive animals and crops, and trees for firewood, and a tractor to chug round on.

And yes even to have little low key campsite, with a couple of paying side hustles teaching other complimentary skills to keep it interesting.

Now I've got all that going on, I'm thinking of finally taking up my girlhood dream occupation - but I'm afraid its still mostly 'secret' atm, in case telling it breaks the magic spell .

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Mountain guide in the days before it became the crowded place it is now.

Parachute regiment or a plod. Too old for either and probably way too soft and hurtable..... A vet was my other secret job desire, farming livestock not kitty cats.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My dream job was always Paramedic. I finally got the chance to try it out at age 39 when I became a volunteer Emergency Response EMT with London Ambulance Service, attending calls to cardiac arrests, strokes, trauma cases etc on my days off from the day job.
I discovered that it would have been a poor... no, disastrous career choice for me. It kills you inside if you're not strong enough, and I wasn't. I lasted a year.
Be careful what you wish for.

Anyway, I have a new dream job. Shunter and / or wheeltapper. I have no real idea what those jobs entail, but they seem to have a nice social life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom