Secret jobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
... Anyway, I have a new dream job. Shunter and / or wheeltapper. I have no real idea what those jobs entail, but they seem to have a nice social life.
Settle down ...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 17.17.28.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 17.17.28.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 0

raleighnut

Legendary Member
wheeltapper. I have no real idea what those jobs entail
A 'wheeltapper' is just that, they hit all the solid Iron wheels with a hammer and if the wheel rings true they're OK but a dull 'clonk' means the wheel is cracked and needs replacing

graham56

Guru
Would liked to have been a pilot, aircraft not river. Next door neighbour was a commercial pilot and now gives lessons.Hmmm, no too expensive.
I think he started his flying with crab-air.

A while ago, I applied for one that, if there was broken glass in the interview room, I would have rolled about it

Highways Officer

Just got the standard "Sorry..." letter
I later found out that a lot went to retired/left the services Armed Forces/Police (@ 50)

With hindsight, they probably have more vehicular incident experience than me

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
My career as a gigolo faltered, because i gave away too many freebies.
Bit to premature to make money?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I always went and did what I wanted to do. When I had enough of that, I moved on to something else.

However. I would like to open a B&B in a mountain village in Italy, where endurance cyclists would come and train. Nothing flash or fancy. But homely and warm with good training routes in great scenery. Homemade bread and stews along with a few chickens in the garden.

I would use it as a base from September to May and then come back to Denmark for the summer.

It may never happen. But its nice to dream.

Top Bottom